Queens Park F.C

Hi all,

FM 2012, quick question....

Can Queens Park in the scottish 3rd ever become professional? I'm in my first season and look set to win the league. I dream of getting them into the Champions League but would be an almighty task if we were to stay Amateur, so can any one fill me in?

Many thanks. :D

Amateur clubs can come semi-pro in some cases. but,

if you use the editor, it's very simple to change too semi-professional or professional easily.

Can an amateur club become a semi-professional club in the game currently? I really need clarification on this as I was hoping that tomorrow when I get my game (FINALLY!) I would edit in an amateur club in Blue Square South.

Are you guys sure Amateur clubs stay Amateur? This needs clarification. I thought once you promote you're automatically assigned as semi-professional.

It's only Queens Park that are hard coded to remain amateur, as it's in their constitution that they do so.

Are you guys sure Amateur clubs stay Amateur? This needs clarification. I thought once you promote you're automatically assigned as semi-professional.

Most amateur clubs in the game can turn pro. Irl though the Queens Park board have stated that they will categorically never turn professional, it's nothing to do with any rule as alluded to earlier on in the thread but a decision taken by choice within the club.

As far as I know there are a few other clubs around in the game hard coded to stay amateur but I'm not sure which ones, in each case the people in charge of the club will likely have made it clear they have no intention of taking up professional status, so this is reflected in-game by hard coded amateur status.

Slipknot says

Irl though the Queens Park board have stated that they will categorically never turn professional, it's nothing to do with any rule as alluded to earlier on in the thread but a decision taken by choice within the club.

not to be pedantic or nothing but it is still a rule. I never said whose rule:)

Slipknot says

Irl though the Queens Park board have stated that they will categorically never turn professional, it's nothing to do with any rule as alluded to earlier on in the thread but a decision taken by choice within the club.

not to be pedantic or nothing but it is still a rule. I never said whose rule:)

Fair point, a self imposed 'rule' is one way it could be interpreted. :thup:

as a Queen's Park fan it makes it alot easier staying out of being a pro football club, however on fm u will get a choice to become semi pro and thats about it, the main problem about going them is losing your best players to bigger clubs, for instance losing Longworth, Gallacher, Little, in the past we have lost players like Ketterwell,Douglas, Saunders who is an Scottish international now. And losing one of our best players like McBride last season, its enjoyable to play as them but it is so frustratin, we look about the junior leagues to sign players i cant remember the last time we payed a fee to sign a player.

Personally, I think it would be a shame to go against the proud amateur tradition of this club by making them semi-pro in the Editor. As mentioned, this commitment is reflected in its motto on the club crest "Ludere Causa Ludendi – to play for the sake of playing." Embrace the culture and history of your clubs!

Personally, I think it would be a shame to go against the proud amateur tradition of this club by making them semi-pro in the Editor. As mentioned, this commitment is reflected in its motto on the club crest "Ludere Causa Ludendi – to play for the sake of playing." Embrace the culture and history of your clubs!

And that sir is the best motto ever by a football club :applause:

Kind of ironic that a club with that motto loses its best players to better contracts!!!

Kind of ironic that a club with that motto loses its best players to better contracts!!!

I hear you. I suppose those ungrateful bastards that wanted to earn actual money for playing football clearly didn't live up to the club motto, so best be rid of them!

You can still play for the sake of playing. But a bit of cash on the side never hurt anyone; Nevermind having to support a family or anything... It's an admirable thing to play for free but realistically, it's not going to pay the bills and if you can get a paying contract your life is always going to be above the game.

• 7 months later...

This has left me gutted. I have been playing as Queens's Park for a few season's, just got us to the SPL with only unattached players and just thought Id check quick on the boards to see whether its likely the board will now say we are to turn pro.

The strange thing is, in my game, I won the 3rd div in my first season, the board then said we are now of professional status around the end of May, 10 days or so later, I got the error saying Football manager has experienced a serious error and needs to close. It closed, I loaded back up again from late March (annoying in itself) won the league, and this time, no message to say we were turning pro. Since, I have risen the leagues up to now thinking, 'surely now'. Of course it has yet to happen and I will be playing in the SPL with any player who does well, free to be snapped up by my competition.

Can you edit the status so that it makes the change to my saved game or would the change only apply if I start over???

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Actually on my game (admittedly many years into the future)...Queen's Park have turned professional and are in the Scottish Championship fighting for promotion to the top flight. They got taken over by a tycoon and automatically turned pro. Strangely enough their attendances are still appalling (average ~ 1,000) but they expanded Hampden Park to hold 59,525. I'm not sure if this is how it is intended to work that a tycoon can destroy the principles that a club is formed upon but hey he who pays the piper calls the tune.

Actually on my game (admittedly many years into the future)...Queen's Park have turned professional and are in the Scottish Championship fighting for promotion to the top flight. They got taken over by a tycoon and automatically turned pro. Strangely enough their attendances are still appalling (average ~ 1,000) but they expanded Hampden Park to hold 59,525. I'm not sure if this is how it is intended to work that a tycoon can destroy the principles that a club is formed upon but hey he who pays the piper calls the tune.

I would report that as a bug, should never be allowed to happen.

I would report that as a bug, should never be allowed to happen.

Why shouldn't it, After a board takeover the new board don't have to obey the old boards rules.

Tycoons often don't give a dam about club history. Cardiff IRL is a prime example of this. The less than 1000 average attendance could strongly reflect fan resentment towards the board about it.

Why shouldn't it, After a board takeover the new board don't have to obey the old boards rules.

Tycoons often don't give a dam about club history. Cardiff IRL is a prime example of this. The less than 1000 average attendance could strongly reflect fan resentment towards the board about it.

It's hardcoded into the game that they can't turn pro ever that's why.

That IMO i wrong then, although i understand why, but a new board like IRL should be allowed to do what it wants with a club. Unfortunetly thats part of being a fan. (i say this as a Rangers fan, so i know what its like to have the wrong people in charge)

Ah...I'm talking about FM14 btw...I'd have much preferred if it wasn't a bug to be honest as I think that it is actually realistic. I agree with wardog on this. Fair enough for a fan takeover or local businessman who invests no money then taking over shouldn't change the status but if a billionaire rocks up and decides to invest millions into a club then they own the club and can do whatever they want. Nobody of sane mind is going to pump millions into a club which can never be competitive because they are restricted to being forever amateur.

IRL there is no way that Queen's Park could turn down such an offer regardless of history but then again the odds of that happening are practically zero. Perhaps to overcome this issue make it so that Queen's Park can never be taken over by a tycoon or consortium.

• 2 weeks later...
That IMO i wrong then, although i understand why, but a new board like IRL should be allowed to do what it wants with a club. Unfortunetly thats part of being a fan. (i say this as a Rangers fan, so i know what its like to have the wrong people in charge)

A new board would find it almost impossible, if not actually impossible to turn them into a pro club. It just would not be allowed to happen. I highly even doubt they can be sold to a tycoon tbh.

No its from the first season, the changes came into play this season, not next. There will be a play off between the bottom club in league 2 and the top club from the highland league.

I'm pretty sure it's not until the 2014/15 season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23148772

From season 2014-15, the winners of the Lowland and Highland Leagues will play off against each other for the right to compete for a place in Scotland's fourth tier against the lowest-placed side in that division.

Effective next season.

Unless you meant in FM, then I'm not sure. I know someone made an edited file which made it become effective from that season, so maybe it's from the start in game.

Archived