Under 19s Champions Cup

firstly, loving the new FM, finished first season already and got the tottenham under 19 team to the semi's of the under 19 champs cup (officially called the next gen series http://www.nextgenseries.com/)

now in new season, only one english club are in it (Chelsea), and I am looking everywhere to see what the criteria is to get into it again... Does anyone know this??

Very sorry if this is a bit offtop, but i got to ask this.

I'm managing a team in BSS, their U18 team does not plays in an u18 competition. Is there a way they will enter that competition or does it means they will always be 'fixure free'?

Very sorry if this is a bit offtop, but i got to ask this.

I'm managing a team in BSS, their U18 team does not plays in an u18 competition. Is there a way they will enter that competition or does it means they will always be 'fixure free'?

At the start of every season (after the 1st) you get asked if you would like to enter teams in the reserve & under 18 leagues

• SI Staff

There are a few things that are taken into account when selecting which teams enter the competition each season in game.

This includes their youth recruitment, coaching and facilities as well as their performance in their youth/reserve league the previous. The standing of the senior squad is also taken into account.

• 1 month later...
can i know in my game, my reserve team Man Utd and Ars reserves play, instead of U19;s? a bug?

No it's not. English clubs (and some other European countries) don't have under 19 teams. That is why it will say reserves, but if you check the rules it will still only allow players whoa re under 20 to play.

Nope.

Arsenal used a 30 year old goalie in my game. He has the record for being the oldest player in the tournament.

u19.th.png

...which is a known bug and has been posted in the bugs forums already (by me), as the rules say no player over 20. I had 6 players over 20 in a game my assman took charge of.

But the fact that it says 'reserves' instead of 'under 19s' is not a bug.

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of silly that the winners of this competition, in the previous year, don't get an automatic invite back...

I won last year with Liverpool... yet the following season we didn't get invited back to the tourney... neither did runners up Rosenborg.

Infact, the only clubs that are back for a second time are Inter, Ajax and Barca... None of which even made it to the quarter finals.

Any chance of getting a more definite explanation of what goes in to team selection?

There are a few things that are taken into account when selecting which teams enter the competition each season in game.

This includes their youth recruitment, coaching and facilities as well as their performance in their youth/reserve league the previous. The standing of the senior squad is also taken into account.

Liverpool have "well established youth recruitment", "good youth facilities", finished top of group 8 (above Man U who are now in the nextgen tourney), and our senior squad finished 2nd (above Man U who were in 5th)....

So i don't understand why if we topped higher in the standings than Man U in every way, why were they the only English team to be invited to the nextgen? Is it because their Youth recruiting and facilities are better?...

It seems silly that would weigh more than standing in competitions... What's the weighted formula for invitation?

• 4 months later...

Archived