Injuries bug

Has anyone else found out that there are an awful amount of injuries on the game. On a network game with a mate my squad of 19 has 8 players injuried, with one occurring EVERY game!

Looked for a thread on this but couldn't find one.

sagna, vermaelen, mertesacker, rolfes, song, walcott, van persie, tevez and at least 5 more all out injured for at least 3 months.

I don't think there's an injury issue in general. What I do have a problem with is how this game treats pre-season. In reality pre-season matches are almost always low intensity no-sliding-tackles affairs. In FM these games are played out exactly the same as they would during the normal season. Except all players are lacking match fitness which in FM land greatly increases the risk of an injury of any kind. Unlike reality where the vast majority of pre-season injuries are bound to be strains and pulls, FM only goes by its random number generator. Thus you're just as likely to see players stretchered off with broken feet or strained knee ligaments. This is pretty much the only instance where I choose to not restrain myself and happily roll back a week if my star striker suffers a broken foot in the first minute of the first pre-season friendly resulting in a 7 month layoff.

• 4 weeks later...

pfff no injury bug? how come every match I get 3 injury's in my networkgame? EVERY GAME at least one injury. In all those fm years you guys never fixed this bug!! This happened to me before. I have to play with u19 players because off this bug, i'm pissed off. THIS is not reality simulation, this is MADNESS!

pfff no injury bug? how come every match I get 3 injury's in my networkgame? EVERY GAME at least one injury. In all those fm years you guys never fixed this bug!! This happened to me before. I have to play with u19 players because off this bug, i'm pissed off. THIS is not reality simulation, this is MADNESS!

ever think that maybe its just you?

There has been nothing to suggest that the injury module is bugged in this years game- yes of course you get injuries and sometimes there is a bad run of them, but over an extended period, this will even out. If you are consistently getting injuries, there are a number of tactical and training factors to look at adjusting to help with this.

The other day i had 4 full injuries in the first 30 mins of a game!!

I consider this a one off as i`m now in my 5th full season and have not come across anything like this...yet :)

I have had a heap (6-8) full injuries in my squad before but when i looked at it, they were all youngsters who have played as a rotation player over most of the season so it could come down to that.

Why does your squad only have 19 players? Most teams aim to have 25 players on their books at least, otherwise you face troubles like Portsmouth did when there is injuries that you can't always name a full subs bench etc. Of course, a lot of clubs outside the top flight can't afford such vast squads, so that is why the football league had 7 subs scrapped this season because of the amount of teams who couldn't comfortably fill 7 sub slots. This suggests that more often than not teams were having too many injured players to make up the numbers.

Imagine for a moment if you had 25 players which is generally the feeling of what you need for a squad, and that was further bolstered with 5 youngsters who may or may not be able to make the step-up. You've got 30 players to pick from, 8 injuries would then leave you with 22 players to pick and choose from. A strong squad isn't one which relies on being injury free through the season but is prepared for when things can go wrong. Even if you had no injuries you'd struggle to make it through a period of dense fixtures.

There has been nothing to suggest that the injury module is bugged in this years game- yes of course you get injuries and sometimes there is a bad run of them, but over an extended period, this will even out. If you are consistently getting injuries, there are a number of tactical and training factors to look at adjusting to help with this.

Except I had two right wingers in the squad and one of them got injured for three months so I signed a third. A few weeks later, in the same match, both the remaining ones got injured also for three months.

In FM11 I criticised the OI hard tackling strategy which is used for everything. It appears that tackling hard is still the jack-of-all-trades, as the assistant proposes to use it against their playmakers, target men, fast players, technical players, best players, creative players... well just about anything. Why is this so? Aren't there anything else that could be done to guard against certain threats?

In FM11 I criticised the OI hard tackling strategy which is used for everything. It appears that tackling hard is still the jack-of-all-trades, as the assistant proposes to use it against their playmakers, target men, fast players, technical players, best players, creative players... well just about anything. Why is this so? Aren't there anything else that could be done to guard against certain threats?

Agreed. Also, referees seem to happily ignore the hacking jobs AI players constantly do. All long term injuries to my players are a result of the AI absolutely going through them but I can't remember them ever even getting booked for this. All the bookings and sending offs seem to be for random tackles in random areas that result in nothing serious. Or professional fouls. Never for a reckless tackle that results in an injury. Really annoying when the same AI player injures three of your players and the referee won't even bother to show a card for it.

I think my favorite thing from the demo was the 'quick sub' option. I player picks up a knock and then I am asked if I wanted to leave him on or make a quick sub. Needless to say every time I chose to leave the injured party on the pitch, I would be redirected to the tactics screen as all of a sudden it was no longer a minor knock but an injury bad enough to require an immediate substitution. Eventually, I just ended up taking the player off every time that message popped up during the match. I found it somewhat comical.

And then I stopped playing the demo. But that has nothing to do with injuries.

i use heavy training with 1 click from very heavy and dont have much problems,i think it's because i dont increase the physical parts of the training,and also because i avoid having injury prone/physically weak players in my squad,am playing with 19 squad too,i also rotate my players a lot and when they are all tired i rest them for a day or 2.

tough i do agree that 3+ injuries in a game and no card is ridiculous,i feel like grabbing my chair and putting it through the computer :p

Archived