Sacked! Not happy...

So i'm Liverpool manager (or was!) in my first season in March. Keeping up with the other big clubs by few points. I was 6th, 8 points off 1st, 5 points off 4th. And after every game i was getting the news item about getting sacked if i lose my next game, since pretty much November.

I've beaten City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham and bar a few draws was doing pretty well. And i'm still sacked!

I was told at the beginning of season to be title challengers, and although even in real life that is unrealistic. 4th is the target. In FM i could still challenge for the title. I've already played all the big clubs and they all have each other to play still.

Not happy!

unleduby.th.png

You got sacked because you did not meet the board's standards. The standards were clear: TITLE CHALLENGER. 8 points off 1st place in March is not considered title challenging. Not only that but you probably also failed in the FA Cup. You could have asked your board for more time but you clearly failed to do that as you are now sacked. Well good luck next time.

That is harsh. I'm 16th with Liverpool in late October (in fact, now that I look at it, next Thursday :) ) so I might just be screwed.

That does seem very harsh. I changed Liverpool's reputation in the editor because the expectations where unrealistic. Putting the rep down just 50 points made Champions League the target, which is more realistic.

You got sacked because you did not meet the board's standards. The standards were clear: TITLE CHALLENGER. 8 points off 1st place in March is not considered title challenging. Not only that but you probably also failed in the FA Cup. You could have asked your board for more time but you clearly failed to do that as you are now sacked. Well good luck next time.

I'm sorry but 8 points off with 33 points to play for, played all big teams, and the other title challengers still have everyone else to play to me is still in with a very good shout. Kenny would get a knighthood if that happened this season

Then I'll be sacked from Arsenal too. Coz board wanted Title challenge at minimum. Arsenal board must be on some very good drugs to belive that is realistic.

Arsenal results on my save, Arsene Wenger left on October 16th (coincidentally, my birthday):

http://imageshack.us/f/651/50133471.jpg/

The only reason I'm on 1st place is because Arsenal lost to Man U and Tottenham. They are dominating in every other game.

Then I'll be sacked from Arsenal too. Coz board wanted Title challenge at minimum. Arsenal board must be on some very good drugs to belive that is realistic.

Why? We don't have that bad a squad. We've just had an awful start to the season. And you get plenty of cash to splash...

Going into the last few games of the season I'm top with Arsenal. United and City are 4 behind me but with a game in hand, and I'm currently drawing a match. If I win it's 6 in front with a game in hand, and 4 left to play for me. Hardly an unrealistic target, and seeing as I crashed out of Europe in the first knockout stage it's hardly an amazing feat to have done well in the league.

edit: Nicked a win, so 6 in front with a game in hand. So yeah, title challenge with Arsenal's hardly asking the world.

No the squad isn't that bad if Man C, Man U and Chelsea wasn't in the league. A title challenge with the current Arsenal squad is totally unrealistic.

And as for real life, we have played crap all season, even the games we've won. Crap I tell you!

To consider Liverpool as a Title Challenger is totally unrealistic. When Liverpool had a fantastic team they only managed 2nd place and never won the league. With Man Utd, City and Chelsea there they have less chance now than they did then. Plus, they dont have a better team. A good team but not the best team which doesnt make them Title Challengers.

Who programmed this? A Liverpool fan? ;)

No the squad isn't that bad if Man C, Man U and Chelsea wasn't in the league. A title challenge with the current Arsenal squad is totally unrealistic.

And as for real life, we have played crap all season, even the games we've won. Crap I tell you!

6 wins in seven is very good

I have had the same issues with Liverpool.

I got off to a bad start, lost 4 in my first 10 games. Changed tactic and went unbeaten in 15, then the news started appearing that I was 1 game away from the sack!!

After doing some tests, replaying games winning/losing/drawing etc I came to this conclusion.

It doesn't matter about recent form at all, if after two thirds of the season you are not challenging for the title, you are one game away from the sack!

i also was sacked in december. was 10 points off first place and only 4 points off of top4 position. didn't receive any messages about my job being in jeopardy. just got sacked after i lost away at NUFC with Krul getting match rating of 9.1..ahhh

There shouldn't just be two options (title challenge, winner) for Liverpool expectations. There simply shouldn't! There media prediction is 5th! Can somebody tell me what to do in the editor so that you are given the option of european qualification as well? (preferably without changing the club's repuatation)

There shouldn't just be two options (title challenge, winner) for Liverpool expectations. There simply shouldn't! There media prediction is 5th! Can somebody tell me what to do in the editor so that you are given the option of european qualification as well? (preferably without changing the club's repuatation)

I think changing the club rep is the only way. It sees Liverpool as such a big club that they should be challenging for the title so only give those 2 options. Same goes for Arsenal aswell.

What the media predicts and what the board demands are two different things entirely. I'd be very surprised if the board would invest as much as they have in Liverpool and then NOT expect a title challenge.

yep.it seems its too easy to get sacked. im playing as juventus and luis enrique just got sacked in roma, he was 7th with 6 points of top4 spot.in december. don't think it's realistic.

and liverpool really shouldn't be title challenger as a minimum aim. no way can you challenge with chelsea,city and united with that squad.

What the media predicts and what the board demands are two different things entirely. I'd be very surprised if the board would invest as much as they have in Liverpool and then NOT expect a title challenge.

Yes but IRL Liverpool are (I assume) challenging for top 4 finish. I think it's unrealistic to think that they will finish in top 2, given the current power of man city and man utd. From what I'm hearing, I think that sackings should be toned down. I also think that there should be realistic options of expectancy. I'd be happy enough to ammend this in any way I can using the editor for the mean time, if anyone knows the best way to do so (developers??)

http://love4lfc.com/2011/04/the-hopes-and-expectations-for-liverpool-next-season/

I Quote:

"Attracting such players to the club with the absence of European football may prove more difficult, however, the project at Liverpool should be a very attractive one for ambitious players and there should be no reason why next season the primary aim can’t be to win the Premier League. Our target should be that we will qualify for the Champions League as winners of the Premier League. When you consider what King Kenny has achieved with the current squad and what Rafa achieved with a similar squad two seasons ago then it is natural to expect a sustained and successful challenge for the Premier League."

The Options should be:

Title Winner

Title Challenger (Minimum of 2nd)

Title Contender (Minimum of 4th)

European Place (Minimum of 5th/6th Can't remember when the Euro cup cut off is)

Top Half (Minimum of 9th)

Mid Table (Minimum of 13th)

Bottom Half (Minimum of 16th)

Relgation Candidates

I'm about to get sacked from Portland in spite of the fact that I'm three points away from second place at the moment (or, if you prefer, in a four-way tie for 8th in my conference). A bit harsh, considering that I'm expected to just be competitive and I just beat our rivals 3-1 away before I got the announcement they were unhappy.

Archived