Signing Youth Prospects

They're 15 and 14. :D The worrying thing is the second one's bravery and aggression (I'm guessing he's a defensive midfielder).

with low determination, they won't take hard training as well as younger players with high determination. typically, their attitude will be a little more "cry-baby"ish as well, in comparison to someone with higher determination.

just my preference, because training is important to me, and not whining about it is just as important.

There's ample time for him to have them tutored. With the tutors Bayern can buy if he doesn't have them already there's a good chance of them getting brilliant personalities before they're eighteen and potentially breaking into the first team.

Have the 15 year old striker playing already. Was going to buy someone in the summer. Now I don't have to. I'll get Gomes or Muller to tutor him.

There's ample time for him to have them tutored. With the tutors Bayern can buy if he doesn't have them already there's a good chance of them getting brilliant personalities before they're eighteen and potentially breaking into the first team.

There is, but typically determination does not change much more than a couple points, if it all. Usually 16 determination is my minimum for first team. Youth i'll give a little since it can change a little, but it won't change much. I might accept 13/14 if they have a lot of potential.

There is, but typically determination does not change much more than a couple points, if it all. Usually 16 determination is my minimum for first team. Youth i'll give a little since it can change a little, but it won't change much. I might accept 13/14 if they have a lot of potential.

16 is my minimum as well along with a preference for Evasive, Unflappable Media Handling. Can you only tutor players once from FM11 onwards? Because I know it's changed quite a bit from FM10, but I thought even in the newer games you would get a few tutoring rounds for each player if you got them young enough.

My first intake were all rubbish, all half a star potential :(

With Bourneview Young Men. :D

• SI Staff

And sometimes people still wonder why newgens are hardly ever considered good enough on these forums... You guys have some serious requirements for your players :)

I managed to find my next captain at Arsenal. The Verminator is tutoring him. He was initially unhappy at that, but if he can keep it up and learn his mental stats he'll be world class by 20.

GiG9z.png

unless you're taking a gander at PA i don't know where you're getting that he'll be world class by 20.

I don't know where you get your information, but unless things have changed drastically since FM10 the right tutoring can easily bring his determination up to 20, and it's Professionalism that mostly determines his attitude to training.

Shame. (But thanks for answering)

It's weird though, I'm nearing the end of my first season and I had about 10-12 'youth' prospects, but all but 3 of them were 18-20! I was able to offer them a youth contract, but then had to immediately offer them a full time deal. (Which they wouldn't accept initially)

Archived