I'd just like to say.....

No probs at all with the Steam download. Really liked the idea of the pre-install for pre-paid purchases, it was good to know that a soon as I could get a moment I was able to get the game up and running within a few minutes, £29.99 a good price too.

I've had no crashes, the game runs superbly on my system and I feel that I've got value for money which is honesty the first time I can say that about a release from the FM series for a few years.

Press conferences are same as 2011, not much effort gone in there but all that means is I now don't have to spend too long working out how to answer them. I do actually quite like the new team talk aspect, I feel you get much more of a look into the mind of your players.

Match engine seems to have had a tweak but still conceding the vast majority of goals from set pieces and my strikers seem to think that when having a one on one with a keeper the best thing to do is whack it straight at them so no real change there which is probably my only disappointment. Having said that the game has been that way for years so perhaps hoping for SI to pay some attention to it was a little optimistic.

My 3 main tactics, training schedules and search filters from FM2011 all work with equal effect so no hassle getting right into a game without too much faffing about.

I like the new features and the GUI. Personally this feels much more like FM2011 v2.01........FM2011 with a facelift rather than a brand new game and perhaps that's no bad thing.

So there you go, a positive FM2012 story.

Pub'o'clock................

Archived