Cronaldo mixed up with Rooney

Now i've always known wayne rooney is ridiculously overrated as he's an english striker, in fm11 it was a crime if he got less than 40 LEAGUE goals a season but i thought after my first season (he only got 25) that maybe this had been rectified...HOW WRONG WAS I?!

Second season rooney finishes with 45 league goals and 55 in all comps and that includes being out injured for 2 months, the guy regularly scores 4 goals a game against the likes of tottenham and everton who aren't near the bottom of the pile, then just settles for hattricks against the big teams.

On the other end of the scale is Cronaldo, in my game he might as well be michael owen. got injured for 8 months whilst i was playing the demo so real madrid opted to buy nani, ronaldo's first season record = played 8 scored 0...ok thats down to his injury...so is not being considered for world player of the year, he'll be back next year, right? Wrong!! gets left out of real madrids champs league squad, gets transfer listed and then the crazy management at madrid decide their £80m man is only worth £15m, fine i'll take a punt on that, give him a reasonable wage packet...please don't ask what he's on...then i give him his debut and he scores a stereotypical cronaldo 40 yarder...thats him done for the season, no more goals gets a few assists here and there but gets horribly outshone by the likes of ryo miyaichi

seriously i know rooneys good but he's never even won golden boot before yet he does it every season easily in fm and ronaldo just sits off earning a gazillion playing like a donkey. would love to go on rte and check exactly how rooney is soo much better than ronaldo (and messi but lets not get into that) but since rte doesn't exist for fm12 yet ranting is the only answer :D

*Rant Over*

cronaldo was injured for 4-6 months during his first season at madrid and came back to score 25 in 25 in all competitions and besides thats not the point i'm trying to make, its the fact that rooney is BY FAR the best player in the world, he's like cruijff, puskas and pele rolled into one whilst messi and cronaldo are just regular joes

How did you play him?

One goal is terrible and to be honest your tactics cannot be getting the best out of him if that is all he can do.

you'd think so but i've always had the perfect tactic for both cronaldo and messi, obvioulsly that could have changed with the change in game but i can't see exactly how vast a change could be made that he would score one goal in all comps in 5 months, he can't even perform for portugal and they are suffering because of it

Rooney isn't the best player in the game on merit, that's Messi. Rooney manages to outperform Messi though, which is largely because the match engine doesn't know how to simulate Messi but it does know how to simulate a Rooney-like player.

The only season of Rooney's career that he's been the main goalscorer at United had him dominating like he has in your save, and he would have been the top scorer in the PL if not for injury. I think AI Ferguson tends to use him in a more advanced role than real Ferguson, with Hernandez and Welbeck being relatively ignored.

rooney doesn't play up top in most of my games though, since united transfer listed young and sold nani to madrid rooney plays on the left of a 4-2-3-1 with chicharito as the lone striker, i've just gone on RTE and rooney CA 183 whilst cronaldos is 164!!! that is an utter shambles!!!

rooney doesn't play up top in most of my games though, since united transfer listed young and sold nani to madrid rooney plays on the left of a 4-2-3-1 with chicharito as the lone striker, i've just gone on RTE and rooney CA 183 whilst cronaldos is 164!!! that is an utter shambles!!!

If he gets a serious injury, it'll affect his ability. Not an issue - he's smashing them in all over the place in my game, for example.

If you're adamant this is a problem, please take it up in the bugs forum. Thanks.

Archived