Appreciate some support on Steam Purchase

If this question has already been asked, or the answer already given i apologize. I have looked however just couldnt find out the information i need. I just purchased Football Manager 2012 from Steam website. And its in the process of download.

This is the first time i am using steam and i am pretty clueless about it. They have sent me a thank you email which has a confirmation number. Once my download finishes where do i get my activation code which you get in boxes. Or is one generated automatically for my Steam account.

Also does this transaction have an expiry period? Meaning i can download and install for a limited period of time? Why i ask is i have had to format my laptop twice in the last 6 months due to windows problems. What if it happens again will i be able to download and install again?

It sounds silly, but like i said i am clueless about Steam. So would look forward to any feedback.

You wont need the code again as it will be permanently linked to your steam account, just click on the game when its done and it will load. You can redownload as many times as you want, its one of the things about steam that you dont need to struggle to find gamediscs etc when you reformat or get a new computer

Yeah if you click the library tab in Steam (once the game is finished downloading) and then beneath that "all games" and select "tools" in the ensuing list you will find "football manager 2012 editor" Just double click it to download it, and after that the editor will be located in the fm12 steam folder the same place as it was last year for 2011.

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if you could help me. Purchased FM2012 off Steam. However, when I click on the game to play, it comes up with 'preparing to launch FM2012' but it does not do this.

Any help?

Thanks

Hi - give this a go;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Cheers

Matt

Archived