No confidence in Confidence

I know other people have ranted about the Confidence system already, but I'm so annoyed I need to vent.

I'm now in my 4th season with Man City. Achievements so far:

Season 1:

3rd in Premiership

Won League Cup

Season 2:

Won Premiership

Won Champions League

Season 3:

3rd in Premiership

Won European Super Cup

Won World Club Cup

Won League Cup

Current Season so far:

2nd in premiership (finish 1st-4th)

Champions league Qtr Final (not yet played)

League Cup runners up

The board think I could be performing better as a manager.

In the entire time I have been playing, the board has never risen above 'pleased' with my performance.

For example, the year I won both Premiership & Champions League, the board were disappointed that we didn't win the FA Cup. I mean, seriously, what board is honestly going to give a toss about the FA Cup when you've just won the Champions League??!!!

AAARRRGGHH!!!

I know other people have ranted about the Confidence system already, but I'm so annoyed I need to vent.

I'm now in my 4th season with Man City. Achievements so far:

Season 1:

3rd in Premiership

Won League Cup

Season 2:

Won Premiership

Won Champions League

Season 3:

3rd in Premiership

Won European Super Cup

Won World Club Cup

Won League Cup

Current Season so far:

2nd in premiership (finish 1st-4th)

Champions league Qtr Final (not yet played)

League Cup runners up

The board think I could be performing better as a manager.

In the entire time I have been playing, the board has never risen above 'pleased' with my performance.

For example, the year I won both Premiership & Champions League, the board were disappointed that we didn't win the FA Cup. I mean, seriously, what board is honestly going to give a toss about the FA Cup when you've just won the Champions League??!!!

AAARRRGGHH!!!

Could be worse. My board were happier I won the Supercup than the Champions League.

And in a year I won Charity/FA/League/Champions/Premiership/World Club, they were bitterly disappointed that I lost the Supercup.

Confidence is hopelessly broken.

The fans don't take into account if a player is a cheap young backup to your legendary squad.

The board don't take into account other competitions and complain if you miss the target on one.

They also don't take into account opposition. Dropping out of the CL groups when you're up against Bayern, Milan and Valencia (for example) is considered a tragedy.

Youth Players on a free with cheap wages who've played maybe two or three matches with an ave of 7 are considered an "aberration" (sp).

Results are hit and miss too. 160+ games undefeated in the league and when we finally go down 2-1 to a dodgy offside they are up in arms.

I think the main problem is that everything is taken in isolation and not looking at the bigger picture.

Board expectations are set at the start of the season and if you are expected to reach the FA semis, but draw Arse, Liv, Chelski and Man U, they don't adjust their expectations.

Fans don't look at the whole squad when judging signings or performances. I can't ever recall wanting Martin Jol sacked because we brought Kaboul or some other nubbin for peanuts.

Meh. I find it's best to treat it like the Media. Pretend it doesn't exist.

Which defeats the object of it I guess. Ho hum.

VB

Yes, the chairman does expect us to win everything each season...

but it seems as though every expectation is given the same weight, i.e. going out in the 6th round of the League Cup negates the kudos of winning the Champions League.

That's just wrong.

Archived