Quick question on squad registration for EPL

Sorry if this is a stupid question but this is the first time I manage an English club (always played Milan before)

Managing Man City now and come to squad registration for the EPL (not Champions Cup). I have a few 20 year-old players (thus shown as "U21" in the Squad Registration screen. Can I not register them and still play them later, for example Balotelli? On one hand it has a rule that "only registered players can play in the competition", on the other hand it has "U21 players dont need to be registered?

Is it safe to not register the "U21" players as marked by the game?

Thanks!!

Any players who are under 21 and who have been at the club for at least the last two seasons will be available for all league matches, even if you dont register them in the squad.

Does this mean I still have to register Balotelli? This is my first season and his 2nd year at the club.

if Balotelli has a U21 box next to him he doesn't need to be registered, if he hasn't got the U21 next to him he has to be registered for the EPL. Only players with the green U21 box don't need to be registered

Cool thanks for your reply. So now it's safe to not register those with green U21 box. How about orange U21 box? What does it mean?

Archived