Ok I going crazy. I'm creating a free for all

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judging by how many players are in FM, that may take you until FM13 is released. :D

People > Search without any characters inputted > Shift + Click All > Player Information > Contract > None

It's that easy. I kinda wanna do it considering how easy it would be.

People > Search without any characters inputted > Shift + Click All > Player Information > Contract > None

It's that easy. I kinda wanna do it considering how easy it would be.

I don't think it will be that easy as the editor limits the number of search results it can return in an attempt to stop the type of search you describe taking about 10 minutes. Will have to repeat the action quite a large number of times.

Then only do it for the players in Europe, 60,000 or so players. Going on one search every minute it is about 2 hours work.

There is over 300,000 people in FM, don't know how many are agents, but every manager, assistant, coach, physio, scout, and player will be made unattached.

Got a way round the limitations. I'll be doing it country by country, so I have a list now of all 251 countries, I think a few wont have people but had to write them all down so I don't miss anyone.

either way, some countries still have thousands of players. Divide the number of players for a country by 500, and then multiply that by 251 countries would still add up to around 2600. Actually more considering staff.

Worst thing is I just cant put in non-player for the backroom staff due to Chairman, Directors etc. so it is going to take slightly longer because I have to search the backroom staff for each separate role.

Oh I should add all national jobs will be vacant, all loans cancelled and future transfers cancelled, if they aren't hard wired into the game but I'm leaving bans and injuries in.

Yeah, I already knew about the ability to change the search limits but the unlimited search is the same has unlimited text messages like where I have free unlimited texts as long has I don't send over 1000 in a month.

There are 297,879 people register has players in the editor but it only displays the first 50,000.

So, I will have to filter the search by either nationality or position depending on which works best.

Will be a good test of the AI's capability of squad creation and management, especially with youth players.

Are you just going to holiday the game or actually manage a team?

Umm I haven't thought that far ahead yet. May just holiday for the sake to see how things turn out and then maybe start again and actually manage a team.

I do know I will be turning of transfer budgets in the first window, Unticking Add players and staff to teams.

It just a shame the game automatically gives every team U18s even when Add players is unticked.

Turning off transfer budgets wont make any difference will it? As all the transfers will be free transfers?

If turning off transfer budgets disables any transfers totally (I dont know I've never done it before) none of the teams will be able to sign anyone and wont have any players at all until the January transfer window? :D

There was a free player database on an older FM but it failed massively. A lot of the big European sides signed less then 12 players Man Utd for example signed seven players. Hope it's different for FM12.

Wouldn't it be interesting, though?

You could do that on 09 by going on Tools or something couldn't you? I tried it once and, like AcidBurn said, most clubs signed about 10 players by the time the season started. I wasn't bothered cuz I was on a network game with my mate and, by the end of the first season, all clubs had full squads.

As an aside John Terry refused to join any club at all - I even tried taking over as Chelsea and re-signing him just to make sure England still had their captain but he refused point blank and retired after a year.

Just an update on how things are going... well slowly than anticipated, the Editor for some reason want to use up nearly all my Physical Memory, so when trying to group change players over about 1000 it take for ever to change.

All the Staff have been made unemployed.

I'm about half way through changing the players to freebies.

Hopefully it wont take me to long.

Here you go.

Every single player and staff member (not including club boards, so only managers, assistants, coaches, scouts, physios), released on a free transfer.

Haven't bought FM12 yet as i have a lot of uni deadlines to meet over the next month (really bad timing!)

But would the database work for FM11 so i can have a little experiment?

You might end up having a little trouble at the start since clubs have limited wage budgets set over their current budget in the db rather than the entire wage budget.

So suppose the player salaries are 50 million and another 3 million Euro wage budget is entered in the db to give you 53 million Euro budget in the game. When you remove the players, the club's budget will probably be around 3 million Euro in the first season.

So whichever team has the highest budget entered, will get ahead the furthest in the first year. Well, at least until January or so when clubs get bigger budgets due to earning lots of income and not having enough expenses.

Worth a try anyway though.

Archived