Player Instructions

Is there a way so that say I start a game with player x as a centre midfielder automatic, then I bring a sub on who's best position is centre midfielder defend when the sub comes on he plays his preffered position of CM defend rather than that of the player he subbed with as a cm auto?

Unfortunately not.

It's one of the biggest annoyances of the game and high on my wish list. Especially if you rotate your squad a lot. You have to go in and change the tactics to reflect how you want that individual player to play every game.

I find it more annoying on set pieces. If I substitute my best header for someone who has awful heading skills then you have to remember to change your set piece instructions as well.

I think ideally if we had a player roles screen where you can pick (well, player roles :D ) and lay it out similar to how we select out set piece takers with the top player on the list given the highest priority. Probably a nightmare for SI to implement though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive tinkerer and it takes me ages to complete a season but it would be nice if you could tell a player his instructions independent to the tactics screen and the game would remember them.

Archived