Editor question about Changing stats and CA

If i adjust (increase) some players stats in the editor, do I need to adjust their Current ability (CA) upwards?

If I don't, when in game, would it make their stats decline to fit inline with their CA, hence cancelling out the changes i made?

Thanks.

Pretty much.

If you are editing a striker, for instance, and adjust his finishing from 9 to 19 and leave his CA unedited, his finishing won't revert to 9. Most likely it'll go to about 12-15 and all of his other stats will be reduced by 1 or so. It's mostly just educated guesswork trying to balance it all out.

If you don't change the CA when the game loads it will make other attributes decline for example, If your player had finishing 13 and passing 13 and you increased his finishing to 15 it could lead to his passing decreasing by 2 or 1 depending on attributes weighing.

If would be better to post in the editor forum aswell because they may be able to help you further.

Pretty much.

If you are editing a striker, for instance, and adjust his finishing from 9 to 19 and leave his CA unedited, his finishing won't revert to 9. Most likely it'll go to about 12-15 and all of his other stats will be reduced by 1 or so. It's mostly just educated guesswork trying to balance it all out.

Thanks alot for your response. I'm mainly jsut adjusting some players attributes by 2 or 3 so hopefully it won't cause too much of an imbalance.

If i adjust (increase) some players stats in the editor, do I need to adjust their Current ability (CA) upwards?

If I don't, when in game, would it make their stats decline to fit inline with their CA, hence cancelling out the changes i made?

Thanks.

yes, the editor in FM11 (i don't know yet about FM12) had players like |Shakhtar's Fernandinho with lower attributes in the game than in the editor. actually, it IS the same in FM12 - one of my physios has physiotherapy 19 but as his, and fernandinho's in the previous version, CA was too low the game, when loaded, rated them both lower.

so if you're gonna (and this isn't scientific) going to up a couple of attributes by 1-2, you'll need, to be sure, to up his CA by 3 i'd say from experience of doing this. if the CA is upped too much it doesnt make a difference, but if you up it too LITTLE the attributes won't increase to their new values.

always an idea to up PA if you up CA, just so the player can still develop as much as he previously could.

i've got 2-3 players with +3 CA/PA i often tweak the DB!

yes, the editor in FM11 (i don't know yet about FM12) had players like |Shakhtar's Fernandinho with lower attributes in the game than in the editor. actually, it IS the same in FM12 - one of my physios has physiotherapy 19 but as his, and fernandinho's in the previous version, CA was too low the game, when loaded, rated them both lower.

This is to do with the CA and PA. For example, if you create a DC to have a PA of 200 so you give him 20 for all the key attributes required for a DC but set his CA to 150 the game will lower his attributes to around 15, even though the editor shows them has 20. So when the player reaches his potential the attributes should reach 20 depending on the players points gained through Match Experience and Training and how they are distributed through his development.

The Editor will never auto adjust the CA due to the way players can be created.

For Example.

You can create a player by just entering his CA and PA values and leaving his Attributes at 0 (To Be Randomised)

To create a Senior player, you can give him set attributes that he can achieve when he has reached his PA value i.e. at a PA value of 170 you have set the player has 17 for Finishing etc. but at his CA value of 150 his Finishing is 15.

To create a youth player, you can give him set attributes to what he can start on in line with his CA i.e. at a CA value of 110 his finishing is 11. You set his PA to -9 then his PA is randomised between the scope given under -9 so the player can improve his Finishing.

I understand peoples gripe that it is hard to work out the different attribute weights in regards to how much each attribute costs to a CA point for a given position.

Archived