FM Overheating laptop....

This is the laptop in question, specs clearly up to running FM

As soon as FM loads the fan gets louder, overheated and shutdown a couple times earlyer today, had it a couple times earlyer with FM11 but like 2 or 3 times in 120 hours of play

Downloaded speedfan to check the temps and got these as im writing this... (with just fm12, steam and firefox running), at first i thought it might just need cleaning out so opened up and cleaned everything with canned air and its no better

CPU: 83C

Core: 91C

CPU Usage is going between 4-9% with random spikes to 100% for a few seconds at a time

Any suggestions?

Edit forgot to mention I've played more demanding games than FM on here without such problems

how old is the laptop now? i had one that used to overheat on fm, then overheat re-installing windaz then basically i chucked it.

i, personally, specifically tailored my new dell (well, 18 months old new dell!) to murder FM, not the other way around.

in brief, if it's old, it might need replacing, sorry!

I don't think it's that strange to see it happen with FM; it's a CPU intensive game. Most "normal" desktop apps (browser, word processor, IM, even media players...) won't put that much strain on the system. Not sure what to suggest as a fix apart from trying to keep the insides dust free, any vents uncovered and use the laptop on a hard surface. There are laptop "coolers" (basically a small stand with a slim fan below blowing at the underside of the laptop) but I'm not sure how effective these are.

You can buy cooling pads, most laptops have very poor quality cooling solutions and this is a simple USB device that you plug in and place under the laptop to help keep it cool.

What Santy said, cost about 20 quid for a decent one. Or just raise the laptop off the desk/table bu a few inches with books/dvd cases or similar making sure fans are not blocked by them. Worked for me anyway

Archived