MLS Waiver Draft: player can only train part time..even though he's on a full time deal

Hi, so I started a vancouver whitecaps save in fm2012 and here's my issue, not sure if it's a bug but I think it is. I drafted a player from the MLS waiver draft and he's on a full time senior contract and should be training full time BUT HE CAN ONLY USE PART TIME SCHEDULES! Arrrghh. Does anyone know why?? thanks

is he one of those players who has played for more than 2 teams in a calendar year? i have noticed that sometimes players who get waived get hit with this restriction and are out until june and cant train full time.

That isn't an issue in MLS, because the league is the actual owner of the contract. So long as the player moves within MLS, he is free to play for as many teams as he joins, due to the fact that his actual contract isn't changing.

That isn't an issue in MLS, because the league is the actual owner of the contract. So long as the player moves within MLS, he is free to play for as many teams as he joins, due to the fact that his actual contract isn't changing.

yes i know this but the game screws it up sometimes and other times an mls team acquires a player and the mls is the third owner. the result is that he cant train. happened to me already in this version of the game. had to wait till the year was over and he could play again before he could train. i think this is actually how it works in real life as i believe a similar thing happened with omar salgado moving to the mls. or its a bug.

Salgado's issue was playing in a "foreign" country before he turned 18. Though he could play in Mexico or the US, Vancouver is a Canadian team, hence the confusion. However, because the league is considered to be American, he was allowed to play for Vancouver before turning 18. The training thing may well be a bug...I believe it was last year when players on developmental contracts at the start of the game weren't being allowed to train full time in the initial release.

Archived