8.0.2 player stats go down like hell

So I just installed the patch and almost all of my players get worse and worse by each day passing by.

Their stats drop like hell inf a lot of areas.

Did the patch reset their ca or what?

I installed the patch and loaded my old 8.0.1 game and no I don't want to start again, takes way to much time.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by IbrahimAliMaher:

When I went from 8.0.1 with which I started the game to the first beta patch virtually all the improvements my players had made since the start of the season were lost. After a while things went back to normal, I wouldn't worry about it.

How long did it take?

I let the game run for about a month and the stats didn't go back up,they still go down, van der vaart is now arround 2 points worse in everything icon_smile.gif.

Basically my whole team, even the youth players like kroos, troje and forestieri are getting worse by every day.

They are all happy with the training and the stars for training are the same.

Funny how all my players get also injured A LOT more.

Kompany, Delgado and Van der vaart didn't get anything in like a whole season, now half of my team is out.

By the way the fixtures don't make any sense at all to.

I have to play against Dortmund and Hannover with grey players because suddenly all my players are on national duty........

My Savegame is unplayable at the moment after the patch .(

I think I know what causes this thing. In 8.0.1 the attributes got highered with 1-2 point by the game automaticlly, to make the game more random. SI said it sould be like that as it was a "random element" in the game so every new game would not be the same. But now I see in 8.0.2 this is gone, or I would call it fixed, because for me it was a big bug. But SI never admited it. So if it doesn´t was a bug, why it is gone now? HAHAicon_smile.gif anyway now it is as it should be and this is why your player(in your savegames from 8.0.1) dropps by 1-2 points.

You can read about this iisue here also - > http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9482076743/m/5112042963

So you're saying that the stats for ALL players in the game go down?

If so it's accaptable, but this whole thing is just stupid.

People buy players for their stats and now they go down......man if this accours more often the forum will go crazy.

Originally posted by Shizzle:

People buy players for their stats and now they go down......man if this accours more often the forum will go crazy.

It´s more like that they don´t go up, if you start a new game. The stats are the same as the ones in the editor/database now. In 8.0.1, the game made them go up by 1-2 points. As this bug is fixed, this doesn´t happen anymore. And if you continue playing from a 8.0.1 savegame then I believe the stats go down by 1-2, because of this fix. So the stats go down for all player to the value they are ment to have and is given in the database. icon_wink.gif Hope you understand

Most of my players are regens/freds who I have developed for 2-3 seasons, now they have lost nearly everything they gained in their attributes, and it happened in just a day or two. This happened after 3-4 weeks with the new patch. It does not seem to have happened to other teams.

Originally posted by F.Torres.9:

Most of my players are regens/freds who I have developed for 2-3 seasons, now they have lost nearly everything they gained in their attributes, and it happened in just a day or two. This happened after 3-4 weeks with the new patch. It does not seem to have happened to other teams.

Same. I'm going back to 8.0.1 if they don't go back up, it's demoralising.

This is disappointing.

I wonder if the game is put together in a way that would allow for customised installation. So in this case I could install the 'Match Engine' module as I want those changes but not the 'Training' module as I don't want the changes outlined here.

Probably not possible but just a thought.

Originally posted by Deza:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shizzle:

It´s more like that they don´t go up, if you start a new game. The stats are the same as the ones in the editor/database now. In 8.0.1, the game made them go up by 1-2 points. As this bug is fixed, this doesn´t happen anymore. And if you continue playing from a 8.0.1 savegame then I believe the stats go down by 1-2, because of this fix. So the stats go down for all player to the value they are ment to have and is given in the database. icon_wink.gif Hope you understand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

might be the case icon14.gif on 802 stats were very anoying, becouse they were allways higher then in editor. do they go up if you start new game? I assume they should.

Originally posted by Mitja:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deza:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shizzle:

It´s more like that they don´t go up, if you start a new game. The stats are the same as the ones in the editor/database now. In 8.0.1, the game made them go up by 1-2 points. As this bug is fixed, this doesn´t happen anymore. And if you continue playing from a 8.0.1 savegame then I believe the stats go down by 1-2, because of this fix. So the stats go down for all player to the value they are ment to have and is given in the database. icon_wink.gif Hope you understand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

might be the case icon14.gif on 8.0.1 stats were very anoying, becouse they were allways higher then in editor. do they go up if you start new game? I assume they should. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all my star players have lost 1 or 2 points on my derby save after only a week! Briand, luis jimenez, samba, cavani, coman and skrtel have all lost points on roughly 90% of their stats. This is sh*t, their stats now look like they did at the start of the game if not worse.

Is their anyway to uninstall the patch?

try starting a new game rather than your save game. its always advised to start a new game to get the best out of a new patch.

i've started a new game myself, only a few months in but stats havent gone down at all. my training schedules are the default ones and i have done anything with my coaches as i havent been bothered to do this yet.

so far i cant fault the patch...so far.

Originally posted by stevereay:

yep me too. all my players stats are dropping like a stone. yet another **** up. How was this missed.

Or your training routine was found to be a bug and was improving stats unrealistically in 8.0.1.

It would be interesting to hear how many people who are experiencing stat decline are also seeing lots of injuries. If that is happening across the board, it shouldn't be too dificult to put two and two together.

There are always perspectives.

Originally posted by theboywonder:

try starting a new game rather than your save game. its always advised to start a new game to get the best out of a new patch.

i've started a new game myself, only a few months in but stats havent gone down at all. my training schedules are the default ones and i have done anything with my coaches as i havent been bothered to do this yet.

Same as. Started a new game and having nothing unusual happen. Time will tell with this one i think.

As always, it maybe a case of 'it works for some but not for others'

sinclairci6.th.jpg]This[/url] happened 4 days after installing the patch. Are you guys kidding me? How can I continue to use this guy after this decline? He was better when I bought him so it's not my training that caused his stats to go up unrealistically earlier on as suggested earlier. I have had him in my squad for 3 years and his stats were always the same. He's not the only one to get destroyed in the team but he is the most ridiculous case. I should have read this thread before I decide to install the patch. When will I ever learn to triplecheck everything new from SI? icon_mad.gif Now I have to lose hours to go back to 8.0.1. Thanks a lot guys!

Originally posted by theboywonder:

so your simply telling a clan to start a new game after it has done 6 seasons??? lol....

This might be a bug or it might be that the CA model has been tweaked again. In the game CA acts as an anchor in limiting how high attributes can go. If this is working as intended then it means that SI felt the anchor in 8.01 and previous versions wasn't heavy enough. So they've tweaked the effect of training in allowing increases in attributes solely due to training effects within a given CA. By this I don't mean the effect of increasing CA via training, rather the effect of training in getting more attribute points for a given, fixed CA.

So for example if on your current training scheme your Striker has a CA of 160 and a finishing attribute of 19. If that training scheme deviates from the standard 'maintain attributes' level in the default General training scheme then the 19 he has in finishing is less to do with his natural finishing attribute relative to his current CA and attribute distribution, and more to do with your training scheme getting more bang for your buck out of that player's CA. So if SI tweaked this effect in 8.02 you would see a rapid drop in attributes because the variables that relate CA to attributes and the effect of training on this model have been toned down. Thus the calculation is adjusting the outputs based on this change in controlling variables, resulting in player attributes dropping.

This is why players starting new games are not seeing the same drops in attributes as those continuing save games.

Of course if players using the default training levels in continued save games are also seeing these drops in attributes then that does blow my explanation out of the water icon_wink.gif

Most of my players attributes dropped like stones, but one player increased across the board. Whats disturbing me is the way that its continued for several months of game time. I would have thought if it was players readjusting to weightings changed in the patch it would happen quickly then level off.

the point is tho it whether its intended or not, its wrong...

...i have seen various youngsters get better in my man utd team in the last 2 years slowly (not unrealistically) and now a player i am delighted with because he has done so well for me and become a better footballer will now decline?

intended or not, its not right to mess with peoples saved games, if its intended and like this at the start of a new game then thats fine...but im not having existing players get worse in a save game ive worked so hard on

the method before 8.0.2 was fine, attributes went up at a slow steady pace, sum players more than others depending on personality, so why make it any worse

intended or not, its not right to mess with peoples saved games, if its intended and like this at the start of a new game then thats fine...but im not having existing players get worse in a save game ive worked so hard on

Exactly how i feel, spent ages watching these players gradually become better season after season only for the their stats to dwindle in a matter of days since installing the patch. It wouldn't be so bad if stats dropped across the board but it only seems to be happening to my players.

the point is tho it whether its intended or not, its wrong...

I'd disagree with you there as I think it is purely a subjective and relative concept. It's wrong relative to what you expect it to be but might not be wrong in how SI intended it to work. If it is working as SI intended then from their perspective the previous version was wrong and now the patch is correcting that.

All it will take is one post from SI that this is expected behaviour, in which case you'll just have to accept that this is how the new CA/Attributes/Training interaction is supposed to work.

Archived