Help Needed - Literally cannot win a game!!!

Evening all - any tips on where I might be going wrong.

I have started with Dover Athletic; expected to finish third in the league, signed a massive coup in Pablo Counago (can't score for anything) and Gareth Williams!

Signed some cracking coaches, but haven't done a massive amount on the training to be honest - is it a really big part of this game?

Five games in, no wins - having a nightmare, and trying all sorts!

HELP!!!!!

In the short term, training isn't important, match prep is. Training will mould your players' attributes over several months.

Are you changing strategy during the match and using shouts? Are the players familiar with your formation? Are you using players in roles that suit them? Do players react well to team talks and conversations?

Could be match prep. I started as Harrogate Town (managed to get Counago as well!) and started slowly with a couple of defeats. Once my team got more familiar with the formation they started winning a few, and Pablo started scoring a few as well.

I haven't really done any choppibng and changing with tactics, just focused on match prep and trying to get my players to respond positively to team talks.

Another win, 2-1 away - thanks for the help above lads, appreciate you taking the time. Counago with another goal - 2 in 2, shame about the 5 before that! He needs to start earning that £450 a week!!!

I'll go and take a look at the match prep!

libbyshuss - where is this match prep thing? Do you mean the two options on the bottom-left? Workload and Additional Focus? I don't see where you mean about the 100% familiarity?

The tactics you have saved (just above that) should have bars by them. You want those bars to be as full with blue as possible. If they aren't bordering on full, put workload to "very high" right away, you can sacrifice attribute training for a few weeks.

As for whether you select attacking movement or defending set pieces or whatever, you should do this only on the day of a match because it only affects matches. It doesn't matter if you change on other days, that will do precisely nothing.

libbyshuss - where is this match prep thing? Do you mean the two options on the bottom-left? Workload and Additional Focus? I don't see where you mean about the 100% familiarity?

Yeah, that's the beggars. Towards the top of that column there's a little box that says familiarity for a tactic. If you click on that it tells you how high your players familiarity levels are. after a few games it should be pretty much 100 but at the start of the season, with a new tactic, it will be dead low so you have to move the workload right up until the familiarity is high.

hope that makes some sense....

Congrats Peter!!! We are flying now...

Just collected manager of the month - after four wins from four, including a 3-1 away win at top of the table Truro...

Just so you know lads, when I was collecting the award on Gillette Soccer Saturday and Jeff Stelling said, "this is a remarkable transformation in results - what has happened", I simply responded with "The lads who helped know who they are"...

HAHA

I have only read the first 2 posts so excuse me if this has been already posted. Have you tried the following:

- Pre-season friendlies. At least 5 friendlies to bring your players to a 90%+ match condition.

- Bring in a good Ass Man so you can analyze better what you should deploy your players as.

- Have at least 3 solid formations so you can work around the injuries that your players incur during a season. (The classics 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1 formations do wonders).

- A coup won't always be amazing from the very beginning. He has to adapt to your play-style, your team's creativity, new country and sometimes even a language he doesn't know.

- Re-evaluate your tactic, you're probably playing too offensively and forgetting all about defending.

SCIAG is right, match prep and tactic familiarities play a big part.

I forgot about that in my first save with Burton, great preseason then beaten so badly I have never been so demoralized by FM in 20 years of playing.

Going back to BSS/N battlers where there is no pressure for an ex sunday league player turned manager :D

Didn't get into the previous FM as thought there was too much to do, but can u still keep it simple and win games?!!?

oh yeah, on the demo a simple edited 4-4-2 worked wonders for my CSKA side (granted it's hard not to win with them) a did a (slightly edited) 4-5-1 formation for Arsenal

Archived