Uber Team

Now, I'm mildly ****ed off... ok very ****ed off. As I've now gotten to the stage where Arsenal will beat the ***** out of me everytime I play them. I mean this wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to play them oh... 7 times this season.

I don't mind losing, it's part of the game but They just, smash the hell out of me. I'm Man Utd. in the year 2019 and my team, not boasting here, is amazingly good. It's proably a bit young, but there is a good bit of experience in there too.

Needless to say my denfence turns to jelly whenever the arsenal front men run for the ball and they just walk through it. Walcott, with his mazing finshing of 12 seems to score 2 every game and Vela runs amoke from AMC. They also have a generated player who is the best striker in the world currnetly who pops up from nowhere. Where as my strikers seem to forget what scoring is, no matter how many shots they pull off. They can only score when we are already doomed to lose.

What's more annoying is, according to the media, the match was very close or they were "lucky" to quote. Gah! When do I get the sodding luck?!

What I want to know is, does anyone have any idea's how to stop me being malled everytime I play the bastards. And, has anyone experienced a simular promblem with one uber team that you just cannot beat?

Evidently, Arsenal's AI manager has cracked your tactic, my friend.

Broken record, I know, but tactics, tactics, tactics....

What sort of formation do they play against you? If you and they are the best teams in the country (which it sounds like may be the case), it's quite possible that they are willing to attack while everyone else assumes a defensive posture.

Obviously, without watching your games, all we can do is speculate, but I'd bet it has to do with relative strength in the league.

yes they are the only team who can challenge mine to any real extent. From what I can tell they are playing an attacking diamond formation. I've tried changing tactics to try countering the threat, but it doesn't seem to matter.

I even tried the age old tactic of copying your opponets formation, which didn't seem to make a difference. Even with a DM marking Vela like he was the pope doesn't stop him turning out goals from nowhere.

Man City always beat me icon_frown.gif Always.

Hopefully an indication of this to come for Arsenal ehehe. I don't know really though for you, you could just dramatically change your tactics for the Arsenal games, if there is nothing to lose.

I find a 4-4-2 diamond to be difficult to play against, especially with a standard 4-4-2. This has to do, I think, with the AMC falling behind your MCs but in front of your CBs.

Try playing a 4-1-3-2. CBs man mark FCs. DM marks AMC. B-arrow on CM with zonal marking. FBs mark wingers. Your wingers and FCs on zonal.

This way, all of their attackers are man marked. But you also have your CM in a DMC position, defensively to cover any missed assignments.

I only play with one striker, so that I can always have an extra zonal defender.

This may be too much unsolicited info, but I just beat Arsenal 5-1 away. (Of course, I'm playing a 4-5-1 in the Mourinho mold.)

I do play a variation of the 4-4-2 formation normally. But against arsenal I normally change to diamond.

I myself always want 2 strikers as I play the "skilled holder of the ball" and "snappy poacher" form of strike partners. I'll have to try what you siad...I'm not holding my breath though, pretty sure the game wants me to suffer.

I was playing as Chelsea and Arsenal was my bogey team for about 5 seasons. Adebayor was a superman for them.

I started playing them with special settings for each of my players, including my strongest, best jumper/header of the ball to man-mark the ST. Deep play, short, attacking, counter-attacking 4-3-3 formation. Finally drew 2-2 after being 2-0 down in the first half. Next game I played them I used the second-half tactics and won 4-1... in the FA cup final!

You don't need to change your formation.

The two most key settings in the game are mentality and defensive line. These are the first place you should look when things are going wrong. Keep your defensive line linked to your mentality first and foremost.

My bet is that you are sitting too deep against Arsenal and they are dominating possession in your half and putting you under tons of pressure.

How are their goals being scored?

Is it by a quick striker beating your defensive line with pace? Or is it usually a succession of passes on the edge of your box? Perhaps it is always through free kicks?

The first of those two would indicate your playing too high on the DL. The latter two might show that you are playing too deep.

C.

OK after much thought and second guessing myself I went for the rip my team apart and rebuild tactic. It was something I'd been considering for a while after I failed to win the champions league for quite a few years (thats my fav trophy).

It was a big decision and I ended up spending 60m on new players. I also changed the formation to 4-1-2-2-1 with the 2 wingers running up into a striker position. Most of my strikers were past their best anyway, so going down to 1 means I don't have to buy any new ones.

First big test. Arsenal in the Community Shield. result... 8-3 to me. 'ave it arseholes.

I think the main deciding point in this game was how my brand spanking new DM managed to turn their captain Vela into nothing more then a school boy, forcing him to play at a poor 5. Also their defending was woeful. 2 players playing at 3 the others at 4 and 5.

They still score 3 goals though, this worries me a bit. Dspite playing ***** they still broke through, guess world class strikers are always gonna be hard to stop. 1 was unstoppable, a wonder goal. The other 2 were because of the pace of their forwards against my CB and what can only be described as 2 very good through balls.

still, will have to see how it fairs in the many rematches we will have this season.

2nd match didn't go as well. Still managed to keep Vela quiet but alas I lost due to them scoring a wonder goal in the 4th minute of extra time... pressed resumed their "Arsenal were lucky stance".

Despite this loss We played just as well as them, which makes the loss just that little more bitter. Didn't help that I was missing a key player too. I'll get 'em next time.

As Spurs, L'Arse are my bogie team. There's little you can do to stop Walcott with his 20 pace, Adebayor is World Player of the Year 3 years running on my save and Bendtnar is stupidly good too. They always get Mutu bombing down one wing and some superstar like Van Persie on the other.

My record against them is about 50/50, but their strikers need to have an off-day to stand a chance.

Sometimes it is about figuring your oppositions weakness, or rather adapting to negate their strength.

In all my English save games, I've struggled against Everton, or more specifically Tim Howard. He appears to be a man mountain. In one save, he had managed to keep 8 consecutive clean sheets in games against me. Subsequently, I decided to employ Bolton tactics. If the keeper is saving all my good efforts, then I've got to try and score from a position where he can't make a save - e.g. set pieces.

Against Howard, I now play a 4-3-3 (instead of the narrow 4-4-2 diamond I've been playing), with focus passing down the flanks. The striker is also given a free role to allow him to drift, with all set to cross the ball often, and width set very wide. This sees me win a lot of corners and set pieces. For this game, I chose centre-backs in the full back positions (for their heading abilities) and along with one midfielder and one striker, that gives me 6 aerial threats in the box (no corner cheat, though). I've now won the last 4 games against Everton icon_smile.gif

if your centre backs are on man marking then the AMC will just run right through your defence and constantly be one-on-one with your keeper. if this isnt the case, i would say go gung-ho against them and try and out score them with extremely attacking tactics.

the rematch was the same result as my eariler game against them. 2-1 "Arsenal were lucky" say media. Meggers throws a wobbly as an on-back-foot Arsenal manage to score in extra time ...again...

Thye signed a new striker in Jan... so now they have 2 strikers described as World Class. Were this guy came from I don't know, he was in germany, a place where I have 2 scouts on at all times, yet he never once came up on my shortlist. Thinking the game made this magically player out of thin air to spite me lol.

Also... my striker who has scored 31 goals in 28 couldn't hit crap.

the game is evil!

@gcormack: the AMC is under control. It's just trying to stop 2 strikers with most of their stats in their 20's

Archived