An FM09 Necessity! - Everyone has their price....!

One thing i've hated for so long in FM is that all the top players in the game are relatively unavailable unless you pay ~£100m.

As we are seeing at the moment irl, players such as Adebayor, Drogba, Lampard etc are getting touted around for between £25-35m. This needs to be realisticly represented in FM. There may be the odd players such as Kaka at £35-50m and Ronaldo untouchable.

My point is everyone, maybe Ronaldo apart, has their price... and most of them are not as exagerated as in FM.

I think the exaggerated transfer fees are justified based on the current financial model in fm. If you limit the max transfer fee for a player to around 50-60 million, then you could end up being billionaire 7-8 years down the line icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by StanPetrov:

One thing i've hated for so long in FM is that all the top players in the game are relatively unavailable unless you pay ~£100m.

As we are seeing at the moment irl, players such as Adebayor, Drogba, Lampard etc are getting touted around for between £25-35m. This needs to be realisticly represented in FM. There may be the odd players such as Kaka at £35-50m and Ronaldo untouchable.

My point is everyone, maybe Ronaldo apart, has their price... and most of them are not as exagerated as in FM.

I think you only gain a price once you reach a certain age. I can't see Fabregas, Ronaldo or Messi going for less than £70m, but in a few years time, maybe they could go for £40m, and then £35ish.

these players have their values in real life due to the real life circumstances.

they feel that adebayor is unsettled. so this will result in a lower transfer price (potentially)

its the same in the game. if you can seriously unsettle a player then the club will cash in. but obviously if the team dont want to sell then they will only sell for crazy money. in game and real life.

i'm not saying that it needs to be balanced slightly more because it does.

i started a thread awhile back with the top transfers of each season in my game. you regularly had players changing hands for more than 35mill pounds each season.

tevez even went to arsenal for 36.5mill or so in the 2nd season.

Two years ago it would have been crazy money to buy Ronaldinho and now they are talking about £10m. Footballers and their clubs change like the wind, I don't think SI can preempt that players who are happy with a club and loyal will suddenly decide they want to go and become unsettled. Who would have thought that Gerard or Barry would have handed in their respective transfer requests when they did.

FM prices are over-inflated but then so is the ability to make a fortune for your club. That clubs like Wycombe can become the richest club in the world within ten years and therefore able to afford the £50m + fees is far sillier IMO.

Balancing this within the game is difficult and I doubt it'll be perfected any time soon.

Originally posted by backpackant:

FM prices are over-inflated but then so is the ability to make a fortune for your club. That clubs like Wycombe can become the richest club in the world within ten years and therefore able to afford the £50m + fees is far sillier IMO.

On a previous save I took over Roma and had a plethora of stars on masive wages that I wanted rid of, in my first month I sold £170m worth of players and brought in £30m worth of replacements. Come January anyone I went for I was being quoted crazy money. Why? Because I could afford it. Just like real life where teams ask Chelsea for crazy money, but would perhaps be more realistic int heir valuation if only Balkburn were interested.

Originally posted by StanPetrov:

Don't buy them then. There are always underrated players who are as good and cheaper. Just take more finding.

I totally agree that player prices are too much and tevez going for 36mill is too much. Just started a thread on this earlier today...

There is a reason why zidane is the most expensive player in the world(to this date) and buffon is the most expensive goalkeeper in the world(to this date) but in FM those values can be broken in the 2nd/3rd season no problem. I think players who want to leave the club should be able to leave and a price close to their valuation should be used. For example I wanted to get dani alves and he got unsettled and got mad for not being able to move. So he should be able to be sold for the price he wants... Cant he?

You see in real life players get unsettled and they want to leave....

i agree with most points, if not all points in this thread. i quit fm08 for about 4 months when i shelled out £45.5M for daniel alves a few seasons down the line. it was so off-putting, and considering he has joined barcelona for around £23M irl, massively inflated. although i could afford it.

but thats part of the problem. there is too much money in the game in the first place. yet simply balancing this with more appropreate transfer fees (which i'm certain is not a simple process) according to player performance and ambition rather than rivalries between teams and knowledge of a rivals bank balance could provide a better transfer system.

Guest arrogantio

The problem isn't clubs valuing their players at such high prices, rather that clubs in the game ae sufficiently profitable to consider those prices affordable.

Originally posted by JJBIGS:

I totally agree that player prices are too much and tevez going for 36mill is too much. Just started a thread on this earlier today...

There is a reason why zidane is the most expensive player in the world(to this date) and buffon is the most expensive goalkeeper in the world(to this date) but in FM those values can be broken in the 2nd/3rd season no problem. I think players who want to leave the club should be able to leave and a price close to their valuation should be used. For example I wanted to get dani alves and he got unsettled and got mad for not being able to move. So he should be able to be sold for the price he wants... Cant he?

Whilst I agree that the transfer model is unrealastic, pointing to Zidane is flawed.

Just because he's the record transfer, it doesn't mean his fee is a record BID. Rumours were that a few years ago Chelsea bid 60m for Shevchenko and it was rejected. It may be a few bids higher than Zidane's fee have actually been turned down.

yeah the transfer system is one of my major problems within the game

ive had a 50m bid for micah richards rejected only to have him leave for about 19 in the next transfer window 6 months down the line

more consistency and a closer sense of reality are needed for sure

that being said i wouldnt enjoy the game as much if i couldnt take a low league team to the top within in 15 yearsish, and the current transfer system seems to enable this

Originally posted by JJBIGS:

Alves has wanted to leave for the past 3 seasons, They priced him out, Chelsea nearly paid $36 million for him and even then it was finally rejected. He wasn't happy, but because he is under contract unless he has a real hissy-fit he's not going to be let go so easily.

You just have to wait it out a couple of years with any player, he will come eventually.

I think the biggest reason people complain is that the AI clubs manage to trick them out of so much money, when in real life the buying club would have realised that they were trying to price the player out!

What I am trying to say is that the financial system becomes very inflated over time.. There are a handfull of players earning 100k+ per week just in the premier league and yet there are not that many players who are so in FM2008. I think that also has a factor on the clubs finances as after a while if you save alot of money on wages over time then you do get a big budget the next season...

Im just wondering if the moderators or game editors of FM know this and are working towards a solution for this...

The game itself in realism is very real.. The tactical aspect and such is great but I think we do fall short in terms of the financial/transfer system... Hopefully that can be fixed for the future to make the game even better than it already is...

Ronaldo is understandable, probably the best player in the world at the moment and playing on top of his game.. so a 50+million transfer is understandable...

But some above par players for 20-30million is not justified I think.. Which very often happens in FM

Players like Messi, Ronaldo and Fabregas should require a huge transfer fee on FM. They are young and hugely talented players who are playing at top clubs.

In my game Arsenal signed that swiss bloke Behrami for 30 million which is ridiculous. Apparently Lampard is going for a fee of about 7 or 8 million but that would never happen on FM for a player of that quality.

Ronaldo for example should not be signable on FM tbh unless its something ridiculous because its unrealistic. Clubs arnt going to sell there best players for 30 million if there at Man Utd. the players who should be sold cheaper is those of lesser teams. FM becomes unrealistic when Milan finnish 9th in Serie A and reject my 52 million quid offer for kaka who is 27 - he should now be signable for much much less.

Originally posted by 03bault:

Players like Messi, Ronaldo and Fabregas should require a huge transfer fee on FM. They are young and hugely talented players who are playing at top clubs.

In my game Arsenal signed that swiss bloke Behrami for 30 million which is ridiculous. Apparently Lampard is going for a fee of about 7 or 8 million but that would never happen on FM for a player of that quality.

Ronaldo for example should not be signable on FM tbh unless its something ridiculous because its unrealistic. Clubs arnt going to sell there best players for 30 million if there at Man Utd. the players who should be sold cheaper is those of lesser teams. FM becomes unrealistic when Milan finnish 9th in Serie A and reject my 52 million quid offer for kaka who is 27 - he should now be signable for much much less.

Kaka is not such a good example Milan finished 5th this season, no Champions league, not so different from 9th actually but can't see them letting go of Kaka so easily. 27 is prime age, not old and crusty.

Yes Messi/C.Ronaldo/Fabregas and company should have huge huge transfer fees because they are at a very high level at a very young age and they can do amazing on any team if used right.

The Behrami example is golden. 30mill for a player like that. I mean its crazy.... I dont know what should be done tho, to tone down the way the clubs make money or maybe tone down the way the clubs value their players.. Im itching to play FM again and then just have the ingame editor open and then just tone down the finances and wage budgets on each team... But I think its not the wage budget that is the problem.. I dont know.. It is just a side of the game I wish there was a solution for because I do not even feel happy when I bring a 20mill transfer to my club and the next week see AC Milan or someone dash out 30mill for a average player that is barely gonna make the squad...

something i hate with the trasnfer system

this is whut happens to me in the game today.

i am manager of cesena for 5 years. during year 1 i sign an argentinian attacking midfield prospect age 17. 5 years later he is 22 and an superb player valued at 11 mill £. during decemeber he got elected to european midfielder of the year with about 20 assists 4 goals and an avg of 7.85.i call the player X. cesena plays in champ leauge.he have an 50 mill ask price

-media speciulaten if player x gonna leave

-roma bids 17 m and get rejected

-chealsea big 16 mill and i negotiate transfer fee to about 40 and the reject

- media speciulaten if player x gonna leave

-milan make 17 mill big and i try to negiotiate to 40 and they reject

- media speciulaten if player x gonna leave

-inter make a 16 mill bif and i try to negotiate and the refuse

- arsenal make a 17 mill bif and i try to negotiate and the refuse

-inter make an 9 mill co own deal and i refuse

-inter make an 17 mill bid and i refuse and player gets unsettled.

very fun....

he is my best player and close to messi class on my left wing. the money the clubs offer me i cant even buy a new player wich is close to hes class couse they are all valued in the game to 40-100 mill.

I've just accepted that the transfer system is unbelievably wonky and just rolled with it. If every team has £150m to spend, and every player is going for £20m+, then it balances out in the end. Besides, it's an eerie look in to the future of football IRL....

That is the problem tho, not every team has 150mill to spend.. It would be nice to see some older better players going to lower clubs instead of rotting on the bench.. Chelsea would never sell Lampard in my game, they would just put him in the reserve team when he was not good enough and then in a season or two he was not good enough for any team. At that point I think its better that a mid or low club can get his services for a small fee.. But that would never happen.... Does anyone know what can be the best way to edit to make this be somewhat more realistic? Maybe remove the huge transfer budgets that the bigger clubs have?

Archived