Fall from grace

I know almost all of you are probably deep into a 2 day FM2012 marathon by now, but I'm still playing FM11 at the moment, as I'm really enjoying the current game I'm on.

Now having done the likes of the Dafuge challenge a few times, I've seen a good few of the bigger sides lose their status over the years, with the likes of Spurs and Liverpool having been relegated on previous games.

Now on my current Palermo game I received a news item about Lee Clark being sacked as Newcastle manager, as they were 24th in the Championship.

However, although this isn't quite as spectacular given they were in the Championship in real life a few years back, the squad was what took me by surprise.

newcastlej.jpg

They have 1 reserve player, and the rest of the lads are the youths. Unsurprisingly, they have played 10, lost 10 in the league this year, with a goal difference of -28, and been knocked out of the league cup 3-1 by Port Vale.

It seems to stem from them being relegated a few years previous, and never recovering financially. Strange one eh?

Only four seasons in? I'd have a look through their history and see if it was a mass cull or something.

Although I remember at the end of my FM11 reign when I was doing crazy things in FMRTE to see how the game handled it, I ended up with a situation in which the BSP ceased to exist. Teams would be promoted out of BSN/S and relegated from L2, but into the black hole where BSP used to be.

Perhaps something very strange has happened in your game and caused all the players to vanish. I'm not sure but I'm fairly certain that there must have been some players with more than a 4 season deal.

Happened quite a lot in my games on FM2011. It was always at clubs who were in a certain amount of financial difficulty and basically they were only signing players on one year deals so at the end of the following season they'd have next to no players left.

Its not totally unrealistic, I perhaps wouldnt expect it to happen above npower League 1, but lower league clubs to have a much higher turnover of playing staff (as a consequence of shorter contracts).

Only four seasons in? I'd have a look through their history and see if it was a mass cull or something.

Although I remember at the end of my FM11 reign when I was doing crazy things in FMRTE to see how the game handled it, I ended up with a situation in which the BSP ceased to exist. Teams would be promoted out of BSN/S and relegated from L2, but into the black hole where BSP used to be.

Perhaps something very strange has happened in your game and caused all the players to vanish. I'm not sure but I'm fairly certain that there must have been some players with more than a 4 season deal.

that's impossible using FMRTE.

Nothing has been edited at all in the game mate. Having looked at their transfers, they basically let go 15-20 players a season, maybe signing 5 or 6, after having been relegated in the 1st year. Held their own mid-championship most seasons, but this year they signed 2 youths and released 14 players at the end of their contracts.

Oh and fair play to the new manager Bob Bradley. He's managed to get them 1 win and a draw by Christmas. :D

Archived