Ending a game with 10 men or less

How common does it happen in your games? To either you or your opponent.

Here is a quick analysis of my first 5 games

Wrexham 2-0 Alfreton

Drew Broughton, Levi Mackin OFF

Andrew Giallombardo INJ (90+3, after all subs made)

Alfreton finish with 8 men

---

Wrexham 0-0 Mansfield

Jonathon Worthington OFF

Mansfield finish with 10 men

---

Wrexham 2-1 Southport

Stephen Tomassen, OFF

Kasper De Fries, INJ (77, after all subs made)

Wrexham finish with 9 men

---

Wrexham 2-1 Luton

Jake Speight INJ (25)

Both sides finish with 11 men, but another injury occured

---

Wrexham 1-0 Telford

Sean Newton, Ryan Valentine OFF (T)

Dean Keats INJ (64) (W)

Telford finish with 9 men. Wrexham finish with 11, but yet another injury

I've just found this very bizaare. My tactics aren't particularly aggresive, and neither are my training schedules. I wouldn't class it as a bug per say, more so a collection of consecutive coincidences. Anybody else reporting anything similar?

You're probably tackling hard.

It's precisely because of sendings off that I don't employ hard tackling. And I prefer my players to stand on their feet. And, as you can see, the majority of the red cards are for the opposition; I only have 1.

Saw your first example. IRL not half an hour ago Alfreton finished their match with 2 red cards

I'm not disputing the fact that it does happen, I'm just displaying an interesting sequence where both sides finish with 11 men only once in 5 matches. Given that the game doesn't 'remember' the last game you had a player sent off, and simulates each game independantly from each other (I believe so), it's possible to have a man sent off in each game. But it's still unusual to see.

The injuries are just annoying. Wrexham start off with a thin squad and 4 key players on the physio's table as it is.

It's weird, you're probably experiencing a bug or something. I'm 20+ games in and I haven't experienced a red card yet, but during a Champions League game, the opposite team got a red card at 00:24. I do tend to substitute my yellow carded players though, especially if it's a defender (since I sometimes employ hard tackling).

I played 1 season with hard tackling and only got 4 yellow and 0 red cards.

also only had 1 major injurie and 3 minor.

I envy you, sir. A thin squad of 22 with no money to improve, and I have 8 injuries. Maybe the opposition are all using hard tackling...

I've played 10 games more since starting this thread, and thrice there have been games where a team has finished with 10 men or less. That makes 7 times in 15 games. It's just really unusual. 4 of my players have been injured in matches since the first post too. 2 of those were in my last game, where after having to sub an injury in the 70th minute, I had another injury befall a player in the last 5 minutes. The opposition have received a large amount of yellows, too.

Luckily I'm still winning (1st in Conf. at present), but it's still quite annoying. Sure Conference football is a bit more 'Stoke-esque' than League Football, but not by this much!

Was happening to me. I got rid of Carlos Diogo who was very hot headed, and i think this was spreading through the team. Not had a red card since. Find out if you have a ill-disciplined player, and bin him.

Thing is though, it's the opposition that are the hot-tempered ones. They're getting sent off and injuring my players. Not much I can do about that, I don't think..

Archived