Have you added yourself in the game?

Go to: Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\tools\editor

The editor.exe file in this folder opens up the official editor.

For Mac users:

/Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2012/tools/Editor.app

If you can't find the editor, it's because you need to download it seperatly through Steam. It can be found in the Tools section within steam. To get to it do the following:

Open Steam -> Library

and

Change All Games to Tools.

It will appear in this list. Double click and follow steps to download and install it.

Edit: The initial run may require to install direct X files.

And they say FM isnt realsitic

It's perfect actually. When I stuff up I have someone to blame.

I think it was FM09 when she wouldn't give me the dough to sign David Silva. I never let her forget it and now he's playing in the Premier League as the best player, I like to rub in what an amazing talent spotter I am!

I first added myself has a 14 yrd old DMC in FM09 and every instalment after that I've added myself has the same position just a year older, updated CA, History, any Records I've broken etc. So, I am now 16 and I am the youngest Villa player in the history coming on has a sub in a cup match in FM10. CA started on 90 now 110 PA is set has -10. I've made 5 appearances in total.

i've created my own team, with a small group of players (7 players, 4 CA150, PA155 all around 27y/o and 3 18y/o CA110, PA 190) which is me, a few friends and a few random youngsters who for some reason have followed me from CM97/98 iirc. added my dad as my assistant (CA160 i think) put myself in the championship with the lowest reputation. renting a 20,000 seat stadium, with average facilities. £15m in the bank with £3m for transfers. its a good player base but desperately short in numbers. struggle to sign decent players due to a fairly low reputation.

so far i've lost one player in the january window, although i did get £17.75m for him. top of the league mid march

Hey, question.. Do you need to start a game before you edit its database in the Editor, or you do that beforehand and then create a new game w/ your modified database?

Any editor changes need a new game to include them

Archived