Unusual Job Offers

Yesterday, on my Gretna game (FM06), I got offered a job at Ross County, who were 3rd in the SPL. Found this very unusual as I was in the 1st Division, at the time 7th and not in a particularly good run of form. I'd won promotion the season before to the 1st Division and have won the Scottish League Challenge Cup twice in a row (the Johnstone's Paint Trophy of Scotland), but I still wasn't expecting this offer from a team that is seemingly headed for Europe. I didn't accept though, I want my Gretna team in the Premier League and challenging for the title eventually.

Anybody else recieved any unusual job offers that they weren't expecting?

Yesterday, on my Gretna game (FM06), I got offered a job at Ross County, who were 3rd in the SPL. Found this very unusual as I was in the 1st Division, at the time 7th and not in a particularly good run of form. I'd won promotion the season before to the 1st Division and have won the Scottish League Challenge Cup twice in a row (the Johnstone's Paint Trophy of Scotland), but I still wasn't expecting this offer from a team that is seemingly headed for Europe. I didn't accept though, I want my Gretna team in the Premier League and challenging for the title eventually.

Anybody else recieved any unusual job offers that they weren't expecting?

FM 08, Won promotion to Scottish 2nd Div with Arbroath then resigned. Was given the job by Redditch in BSN, media prediction 22nd (I thought I was worth at least a decent BSN/S team, if not BSP) but anyway, won the league with them and finished 10thish in BSP the following season. The next season, after collecting a massive 2 points from 20 odd games, I quit.

3 days later I was offered the job at Recreativo in La Liga.

No idea why they were looking for managers in the Blue Square Premier, but it's quite nice to get to stop caring about Exeter vs. Mangotsfield and start having to attend Real vs. Barca icon_smile.gif

In my FM07 game, I got offers for national teams of Macedonia, Czech Republic and Faroe Islands after the Euro qualifiers.

I botched the Macedonia and CZ talks with my unreasonable demands, so I went to work for Faroe Islands for peanuts. icon_smile.gif

Archived