Football manager 2012 and Steam

The steam offline mode doesn't work properly. I used a friends internet dongle to download the demo, done the offline mode steps to the letter then the following day I turn my computer on to play the demo and it says it cannot connect to the steam server! Thankfully I'm able to use my neighbours net to be able to get online to play the game or FM11 would've been the last I played

The steam offline mode doesn't work properly. I used a friends internet dongle to download the demo, done the offline mode steps to the letter then the following day I turn my computer on to play the demo and it says it cannot connect to the steam server! Thankfully I'm able to use my neighbours net to be able to get online to play the game or FM11 would've been the last I played

Make sure you've got the "Remember my password" checkbox ticked the last time you log in to Steam when online so the credentials are saved locally. After that offline mode should work.

Make sure you've got the "Remember my password" checkbox ticked the last time you log in to Steam when online so the credentials are saved locally. After that offline mode should work.

As I said in my post, I followed the instructions to the letter yet when I turned my computer off and back on I couldn't play, on the Steam forum's there are many people complaining that the offline mode is broken! I find it funny that SI insist on using software that many people have complaints about and don't give people a chance to play without steam. I don't understand what was wrong with the old activation system where you still had the choice to install through steam or play via disk but you had to enter your code.

At the end of the day piracy will NEVER be stopped, no matter what people do there are some people that will be determined to find a way round it! Don't get me wrong, I can fully understand WHY they are doing it but it makes things a little annoying for those who have no net as I would of had if I didn't have decent neighbours. The activation itself wouldn't of been a problem without a phone or net as I would've phoned a friend to make the call for me and then I can carry on using the disk to load it up as I used to

Archived