Apologies the error message is

Error: Unable to find some essential data. please ensure that the game is installed correctly. if the problem persists, please contact technical support.

Hey there, please verify the game cache from within Steam, which should hopefully solve this problem for you. It sounds like it hasn't downloaded completely.

got the game via steam, havent got a disk

Hmm, okay. To be sure you're starting from scratch, you can right-click on FM 2012 from the library within Steam and select "Delete local content", then restart Steam and try downloading it again. For whatever reason, it's possibly not downloaded all of the files or installed them properly.

Also if you right-click on FM 2012, select "Properties" and then select the "Local Files" tab, what does it say for "Disk usage"? And actually do this first, before deleting the files.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have some question. I'm starting game and nothing :( fm.exe is in processes list but game not start. But I verified the game cache and steam downloading 1 element. Next I verified the game cache one more time and steam downloading 1 element one more time. I have done that 20 times and still nothing. Game can't start. Please help :(

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm from Poland.

I have some question. I'm starting game and nothing :( fm.exe is in processes list but game not start. But I verified the game cache and steam downloading 1 element. Next I verified the game cache one more time and steam downloading 1 element one more time. I have done that 20 times and still nothing. Game can't start. Please help :(

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm from Poland.

If the game hasn't loaded, you will need to terminate the process before you try and load it again.

Apologies if you knew that but I just wanted to check.

Archived