How to get a refund on FM12

So, I am having serious issues getting FM to install, or more specifically getting Steam to install. When I bought the game at a shop, I was told that they cannot do refunds on PC games. So does anyone know how to contact SI to get a refund on the game as I have run out of patience with Steam and it seems that Steam is compulsory to the playing of FM12.

So, I am having serious issues getting FM to install, or more specifically getting Steam to install. When I bought the game at a shop, I was told that they cannot do refunds on PC games. So does anyone know how to contact SI to get a refund on the game as I have run out of patience with Steam and it seems that Steam is compulsory to the playing of FM12.

You need to follow the advice given in the thread you've posted elsewhere (to which I've replied to you with some further instructions).

If you bought a physical copy of the game then the only way to get a refund is to return it to the shop you bought it from. If that shop doesn't do refunds on PC games then you're not going to be able to do anything.

If you bought it through steam then you could contact them and request they remove the game from your account and refund you and they should do so.

If you bought it through steam then you could contact them and request they remove the game from your account and refund you and they should do so.

Steam rarely do refunds,the only time they are obliged to do a refund is if you pre-ordered the game from them and changed your mind before the release of the game,they will sometimes refund if the game is totally unplayable but it is really at there discretion and they only refund to your Steam wallet(this is on your Steam account and you can purchase other game(s) from Steam using this).

If you bought a physical copy of the game then the only way to get a refund is to return it to the shop you bought it from. If that shop doesn't do refunds on PC games then you're not going to be able to do anything.

I pity people outside of Norway, you people have "no" consumer rights. Companies even have to give us 5 years warranty (reklamasjon) on electronics or they are not allowed to sell their products in Norway.

We have 30 days option to return goods we are not satisfied with (money back) Unless there is a subscription involved, IE: if you buy a cellphone for 1 cent (telephone company pays for the phone to lock you into 12 months subscription).

I pity people outside of Norway, you people have "no" consumer rights. Companies even have to give us 5 years warranty (reklamasjon) on electronics or they are not allowed to sell their products in Norway.

We have 30 days option to return goods we are not satisfied with (money back) Unless there is a subscription involved, IE: if you buy a cellphone for 1 cent (telephone company pays for the phone to lock you into 12 months subscription).

Also in norway you will pay 3x the price for anything you buy, no wonder they need a sweatner to tempt you into buying...

It says on the box you have to have Steam. If people started giving out refunds for every dodgy game I've got a stack of games here were/are rubbish. I could be a millionaire.

Steam isn't complicated. Sign up. Insert code. That's it.

Also in norway you will pay 3x the price for anything you buy, no wonder they need a sweatner to tempt you into buying...

No we don't, sure we pay a bit more, but we earn a ******** more than most of the world. Minumum wage in Norway is $28 an hour (£15). It takes me 1.1 hour of work to earn enough for FM12 for instance. We are spoiled by a **** load of the purest oil in the world, the north sea oil.

When we shop online or go on holiday abroad, we live like kings!

No we don't, sure we pay a bit more, but we earn a ******** more than most of the world. Minumum wage in Norway is $28 an hour (£15). It takes me 1.1 hour of work to earn enough for FM12 for instance. We are spoiled by a **** load of the purest oil in the world, the north sea oil.

When we shop online or go on holiday abroad, we live like kings!

Don't forget that Norwegian state benefits are so high that even the unemployed pay taxes (~£24k IIRC). Everything is more expensive, but nobody is "poor" in the sense of other western countries poor, so it's also affordable. Again IIRC, Norway has around 4 million population and is one of the richest countries in the world per capita. Live like kings is true!

but I can also direct you to a Norwegian website that trampled all over their "consumer's" rights a couple of years ago with nary a whimper from them...

I bought FM 2012 for my mac. Loaded it and all this Steam mullarkey too. Played the game for a while. Saved it and exited. I now want to play again. When i click on the icon on my desktop a box flashes for about half a second saying preparing to load... then nothing. If i go into steam and click on the play now button its the same story a box flashes up then nothing. Whats going on with this game!!!

Archived