Why wont they love me?

What does it in FM08 take for a club (and/or its fans) to make me one of their favourites? Is it simply down to winning titles or does praising/disciplining players play a part, mind games? When the fans say that a player has been performing poorly, will my saying so make me a more loveable character?

What does it in FM08 take for a club (and/or its fans) to make me one of their favourites? Is it simply down to winning titles or does praising/disciplining players play a part, mind games? When the fans say that a player has been performing poorly, will my saying so make me a more loveable character?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlueAndWhiteArmy_91:

See Gordon Strachan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol at this.

I actually wanted strachan as manager before he was appointed, now I want him to go!!! more because his style of play doesn't impress me. Although it has to be noted that I am dissappointed with this season. I mean yes the title isn't over but I cant see rangers lose it now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlueAndWhiteArmy_91:

lol at this.

I actually wanted strachan as manager before he was appointed, now I want him to go!!! more because his style of play doesn't impress me. Although it has to be noted that I am dissappointed with this season. I mean yes the title isn't over but I cant see rangers lose it now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, he has a better track record than O'Neill, he's got them through to CL last 16, twice in a row, won the league the last two years in a row...

Strachan is a fantastic manager. However I do agree that his teams generally play 'punt n hope' football.

In case you didn't know, I'm a gers fan, so strachan irritates me a lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stian1234:

What does it in FM08 take for a club (and/or its fans) to make me one of their favourites? Is it simply down to winning titles or does praising/disciplining players play a part, mind games? When the fans say that a player has been performing poorly, will my saying so make me a more loveable character? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, winning things certainly helps.

The best thing you can do is publically deny speculation linking you with a job. Of course, you need to get offered one first. icon_confused.gif

I did this in my second season and was immediately added to the list.

To answer the original question I would say;

Sign big name players to get fans excited.

Sign a fan favourite of the past maybe?

Beat you rivals.

Finish better than your expectations at the start of the season. (i.e. you say mid table finish and you get into europe)

Also winning trophies helps!

OK. I feel like I've done all those things without becoming a favourite of the club.

In earlier incarnations of the game I used to praise and reprimand a lot more, maybe that's the key. (In addition to performing well and signing popular players.)

It varies from club to club, with everton, i won only the UEFA cup, and they loved me, with chelsea i won 4 consecutive leagues and 4 consecutive champions leagues (as well as several FA and league cups) and yet i wasn't on the list of fav personnel, yet many of my signings were.

So i'm not entirely sure what is the controlling factor, obviously it has something to do with club rep and what you win in relation to this, but for chelsea to still not love me seems a little daft so there are obviously other factors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

lol at this.

I actually wanted strachan as manager before he was appointed, now I want him to go!!! more because his style of play doesn't impress me. Although it has to be noted that I am dissappointed with this season. I mean yes the title isn't over but I cant see rangers lose it now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, he has a better track record than O'Neill, he's got them through to CL last 16, twice in a row, won the league the last two years in a row...

Strachan is a fantastic manager. However I do agree that his teams generally play 'punt n hope' football.

In case you didn't know, I'm a gers fan, so strachan irritates me a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you be insulting M'ON! icon_razz.gif

Can we stop hijacking the hell out of this thread? Poor Stian1234's question have been almost forgotten! icon_razz.gif

You most likely will never get on favoured personnel list. It just doesnt happen. I won every trophy I could with Blackburn twice in a row and it didnt happen. It would be nice if you could get on the list, but with this game, it is very unlikely. Just keep playing and ignore it.

OR. If you feel you should be on the list, I guess you could edit this with FMM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nørbæk:

has anyone ever been added to the favourite persons list?

no matter what I have ever achieved, I haven't managed to get on that list. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on Steven Whittakers, Barry Fergusons, Adriens...

Just for winning the treble icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stian1234:

What does it in FM08 take for a club (and/or its fans) to make me one of their favourites? Is it simply down to winning titles or does praising/disciplining players play a part, mind games? When the fans say that a player has been performing poorly, will my saying so make me a more loveable character? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a couple of tips -

1. Strive to win all your games against rival clubs.

2. Praise a player at the right time for good performances, and you will get a message saying "Fans applaud manager's praise for player X".

That'll go some way.

Its depends wehat team you are in my experience when i was basingstoke i got it 2nd season.. just for winning the title as far as i can see

with bigger clubs they need alot to make them love you i mean IRL liverpool benitez made 2 Cl finals in 3 (or 4) years and one Champions league title in his debut season.. he is currently on the right path for making a 3rd yet they are talking about him getting the sack

but it has happened i have become favoured at inter but it takes lots of domestic and europeans trophies and of course The league title ... year after year

3 promotions, 5 Serie A titles a Champions League win, 5 times Super Cup, Club World Champ, 2 Italian Cups... and I'm STILL not on the San Marino one. I wonder if its to do with beating rivals.

I got on the Merthyr Tydfil list easily early on when I was horsing Newport repeatedly, then came off the list and never got back on it despite going all the way to the Prem...

I've won 5 consecutive la liga championships, 2 copa del ray's, 2 champions leagues went through a season without being beat and iam still not on atletico madrids favoured personnel but ive noticed when you sign a big player hes on there within 3 months off buying him :-(

Archived