FM2012 Instant counter goals & High scores?

Two issues i've run into in the full game, playing as Sunderland.

Firstly, it seems that every game I play, whenever I score a goal the opposition immediately (as in from kick off) score against me. This is regardless of what I do formation wise.

Secondly the scores seem somewhat ridiculous. I re-ran a match vs Fulham several times using a few variations in formation, instructions etc and the scores were: 6-1, 7-1, 8-2, 4-1, 3-1, 6-1. Is anyone else encountering these issues or have i just become **** at FM in the last few months? =P

• 1 month later...

I've experienced the same. All my UEFA Cup games have involved something like 8 to 10 goals. For example i just beat Celtic 7-4 and the second leg was 4-4. Lots of instant replies and loads of own goals. Definitely seems to be a bug in there. I'm playing the mac version, if that makes a difference.

the ME is 99% unchanged from FM11.

Look at the premiership irl and see if you can spot any strange scorelines / opposition scoring quickly after one side scores.

Own goals - I'll agree on the GK own goals. There seems far more in game than irl though I have no stats to back-up this up either way

I Experiance the coutner back quickly goal scored from kick-off "bug"/"feature"/"scenario" quite often, easy 60-70% of my games are like this.. I dont mind, but i can always tell when its gonna happen as i watch only commentary (with goal highlights) and the commantary speeds up and just flashes (the text is unreadable).

It happens across the board for me, from Doncaster to Bury to Ajax.. :)

Archived