Not got a sub goalkeeper - cant continue - FM12

Usually when you dont have anyone available the game would make someone up for you. Doesnt seem to happen in this one. Im now stuck and I cant continue, going to need to load up a save from earlier and recall my keeper on loan. Not any use at all. :mad:

This is my whole club, senior, reserve and u19 squads. the only other keepers I have is the injured one and another thats away on loan.

nnjuv5.png

Can you put an outfield player in goal on your tactics screen?

In my first friendly my keeper was sent off after 4 minutes and my sub goalkeeper went off injured in the second half. An outfield player went in goal for the rest of the match.

This is what I would do, though it is risky. Put a rubbish outfield player in goal, with your main goalkeeper on the bench. Sub off that rubbish outfield player for your goalkeeper as soon as the match starts.

Usually when you dont have anyone available the game would make someone up for you. Doesnt seem to happen in this one. Im now stuck and I cant continue, going to need to load up a save from earlier and recall my keeper on loan. Not any use at all. :mad:

This is my whole club, senior, reserve and u19 squads. the only other keepers I have is the injured one and another thats away on loan.

nnjuv5.png

The game should have generated a goalkeeper for you in this case, so if you could log this one over in the bugs forum and provide your save game, we can take a look at it in-house to see what's happened.

If you go to your Under 18 squad, do you have any grey/virtual players in there that are goalkeepers? If so, you may be able to offer one of those a contract to turn them into a real player.

The game should have generated a goalkeeper for you in this case, so if you could log this one over in the bugs forum and provide your save game, we can take a look at it in-house to see what's happened.

If you go to your Under 18 squad, do you have any grey/virtual players in there that are goalkeepers? If so, you may be able to offer one of those a contract to turn them into a real player.

Yeah this is what I thought shouldve happened. Na there is noone even greyed out. How do I upload my save game then? Never done it before.

Usually when you dont have anyone available the game would make someone up for you

yep, that's an option you select wehen you build the datbases and select you club and jazz, it's always been nothing more than an option and while it might have been auto-on it is now auto-off

I don't think that the "add players to playable clubs" box is the mechanic that adds greyed-out players to clubs with not enough players - that would make all the unloaded leagues in the world crash the game, as FM wouldn't even manage to generate "fake" matches. I may be wrong, though. If so, why is it an option?

it only does it for loaded playable leagues and it is, afaik, affected by the database size you select, so it won't crash the game

My point was that the option generates fake actual players at start-up for clubs with too few players in playable leagues, it doesn't turn on or off greyed-out players.

Yeah this is what I thought shouldve happened. Na there is noone even greyed out. How do I upload my save game then? Never done it before.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276529-Bug-Reporting-Guidelines-*PLEASE*-Read-Before-Posting

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276528-FTP-Instructions

Those threads explain how to report a bug and upload a save file.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL

Same problem for me, I am Celtic and I only have one keeper available in the squad. No grey players in sight! I have to have a goalkeeper on the bench to continue so my final option was to put an outfield player (Mulgrew) in goal and the sub him for Stockdale at first possible stop. Of course, Motherwell goes to score after 1 minute after a disastrous error by Mulgrew (before I could make the change!) :D

The fans and the players must think I am an idiot.

I must just add that i in the first half of the above mentioned game get three injuries, to Baba, Kelvin Wilson and Mark Wilson. IN THE FIRST HALF! Three injuries and only two subs left after the goal keeper drama.

Luckily, Celtic are able to turn things around and win the game 3-1, pretty comfy in the end.

Why do you need a goalie on the bench, i hardly ever have one...

It basically mandates so that if your goalie gets injured and can't continue, you have a backup who can do the job. I don't know why the ruling is there but I would imagine that since injuries to goalies are relatively rare, there may have been cases where teams elected to use all their subs for outfield players the only capable goalie got injured, and a game became farsical as a result.

Archived