Anyone struggling to sell players?

2nd season as Liverpool, transfer listed Joe Cole, Aquilani, Downing and Carroll all to no interest. I kept dropping their prices and eventually was offering them all for nothing just to see if anyone would be interested but still no offers.

Daft.

that's because they're all on huge wages

the top teams wouldn't sign them anyway (not good enough) and the lower teams would be put off by their wage demands)

i suggest offering them out on loan, and then trying to sell them then (maybe a loan with a future fee)

that's because they're all on huge wages

the top teams wouldn't sign them anyway (not good enough) and the lower teams would be put off by their wage demands)

i suggest offering them out on loan, and then trying to sell them then (maybe a loan with a future fee)

well not really since its not uncommon for bigger clubs to still foot a proportion of the wages after they have sold a player. and this happens in the game itself

are you telling me that no club in the world would want either andy carroll, alberto aquilani or stewart downing for free?? REally?

Playing as Bristol Rovers

Have been unable to sell (or free transfer) the four guys on my transfer list, despite two of them having had interest declared by other managers.

I got two offers for Stuart Campbell but these never showed up in the transfer centre and the 18days between offers and the end of the window passed without any development.

are you telling me that no club in the world would want either andy carroll, alberto aquilani or stewart downing for free?? REally?

They're welcome to come to the Gas <3

Gotta say Im in agreement in both camps here. It is difficult to sell peeps at times, however, as stated, teams have to be interested to stump up their cash for players. But hell, I agree with theboydonegood, there arent many teams about who wouldnt take Carroll, Aquilani or Downing. Specially the latter, if he was made available, Downing wouldnt be goin on a free.

So in your considered opinion its realistic that no club in the world would want Andy Carroll or Aquilani or Stewart Downing for free?? These are internationals in top ten ranked nations.

Just jog on pal or at least engage your brain before posting anymore nonsense

i agree in a way but your right with this if these players got offered out on a free a serious amount of clubs would be offering them contracts

i have had some trouble with my deadwood in spurs, but not more then i consider it to be very realistic. only jenas and pienaar left, and bentley had to go on loan to buy. i have sold pav, dos santos, krankjar, friedel, cuddicini and so on. but i have found it to be vey hard to sell a player if i have to offer him out more then 2 times. then it seems like everyone decides to find something else.

I'm sure that I've read somewhere that it's now impossible (or very difficult) to go over your salary limits in FM12. I'd assume that this is the same for the AI and probably a reason why teams aren't bidding for players, because they have to offload players themselves to free up enough of the wage budget...

I sold Joe Cole no problem, had to pay £7k of his wages for the next two years, but got £4m for him. Tried to sell Aquilani but he turned down Atletico Madrid, who I presume offered less than the ridiculous £80k wages he gets. I didn't want to get rid of Downing or Carroll. I think it's probably to do with wages - I certainly wouldn't choose to pay Carroll or Downing the wages that that they start on. I also sold some other dead wood - the likes of Maxi, Aurelio, Brad Jones etc, only agreeing to pay £2k or so of Jones' wages.

Archived