MacBook Pro and Football Manager 2012 ?

I'm finding this year's to freeze lots, even with just England (down to League Two) loaded. On my Macbook from 2008. FM 2011 runs, and has always run, like a dream. But on FM2012, whilst the actual in-game processing is great, I'm getting some serious freezing on the tactics screen, and in matches. Trying a third re-install now.

I'm happy to be patient though, as I'm still firmly addicted to a save game on 2011! It's just annoying to not know what has made 2012 freeze in certain parts of the game.

Running 30 leagues from 12 nations and I've had no problems on my MBP2011. It's quicker than FM11 was

Do you have the most expensive one ? I've got the April 2011 MacBook Pro 15" : sometimes my browsers freeze ! That's why I'm asking this !

I'm finding this year's to freeze lots, even with just England (down to League Two) loaded. On my Macbook from 2008. FM 2011 runs, and has always run, like a dream. But on FM2012, whilst the actual in-game processing is great, I'm getting some serious freezing on the tactics screen, and in matches. Trying a third re-install now.

I'm happy to be patient though, as I'm still firmly addicted to a save game on 2011! It's just annoying to not know what has made 2012 freeze in certain parts of the game.

That's odd, it might be worth you clearing your cache and settings to see if that makes any difference.

4. Remove from Preferences following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to your home (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Preferences

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2012

- Delete all contents in this folder.

5. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

Then empty your trash and try FM again.

That's odd, it might be worth you clearing your cache and settings to see if that makes any difference.

4. Remove from Preferences following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Preferences

5. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

Then empty your trash and try FM again.

Thanks for this Neil, however I solved it another way, as per my post 51 on this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279562-FM-2012-Horribly-Slow!!

I created a thread in technical issues too, in case others want to use this workaround.

All good now for me :)

Archived