How did your first match go?

After a poor pre-season with New York, which involved an awful team meeting that destroyed morale (had to try out the feature), my first league match was against Houston at home. I had lost to Toronto, 3-2, in a pre-season friendly at home, so I wasn't expecting much. Still, the team came out flying and Robbie Rogers bagged a goal on his Red Bulls debut after 33 seconds. Tim Ream scored off a corner, Thierry Henry bagged one, and then Jan Gunnar Solli added a late brace to give me a 5-1 win in my managerial debut. Great start to the season!

How have your FM12 debuts gone?

Beat Tottenham 1-3 at WHL with Arsenal in season opening. But it helps to have fast learners :)

The media made a fuss about Jenkinson being well known with the rivalry between Arsenal and Tottenham, The lad just joined the club playing his very first game for Arsenal (came on as a sub at 77th minute). HEH, I found that amusing.

I was so crossed when RvP got injured in the international game just before the opening game. But Chamakh did fantastic, scoring twice and assisted the 3rd.

Started off Unemployed as I fancied a bit of a journeyman save instead of my usual fare starting with Liverpool. Anyways, I applied for, and got offered my first job from FC Den Bosch (sp?) in the Dutch second division (can't remember league name currently as game is off now).

First game was at home against the league leaders, where my team was sat in 10th place. Set up a nice short passing, strict 442 formation and came away with a very comfortable 2-0 home win. Following game was away and lost 4-0 although my team dominated. Match after that was a 3-0 home win, so not a bad start considering I've had no pre season with the players.

A narrow win over Brumunddal on the opening day of the Norwegian second division group 2, having joined Frigg in the off-season. Took an early lead on 7 minutes. They equalized ten minutes later, before we took the lead with five minutes to half time. A third goal for us one minute into injury time made my teamtalk much easier. Brumunddal pulled one back on 74 minutes, which made for a nail-biting finish to the match. Still, we managed to hold onto our lead. As Wiitastic said earlier, any win is a good win early in the season.

Crewe 4 - 1 Barnet

Nice win to start the season, having only signed two free transfers. Staying within the salary budget is going to be impossible, half the first team squad go out of contract in 11 months unless I give them all a payrise :(

Currently scrabbling around the Prem teams to find players that I can loan and that are good enough to slot straight into the team - I need cover for the six first team players out injured (including my first and second choice goalkeepers).

I beat Tromsdalen 2-1 at home when I was expected to ship a fair few goals. I was chuffed to say the least.

I'm Skarp and I started the game in July 2011 so it's a little way in to the Norwegian season. The team had lost 6 out of 6, had, I think, 7 players and was relying on noones to stand in in defence (one defender when I took over).

That win came with just my seven players and I managed to get a few more players in before my next match, away at Mjolner. Judging by the cracking performance with nobodys against Tromsdalen I was expecting a good result. We lost 3-1. :confused:

My first game was with Leeds Utd, playing Lille in a friendly. I went for a 4-2-3-1 Deep counter formation. I scored early through Nunez, then Lille had a man sent off for 'Ungentlemanly Conduct' so I pushed on to attacking, wide play and keep possession. We miss a couple of good chances and are looking good going into the break, but I have to change things as it's preseason so I make 8 changes, we conceed early in the 2nd half. I witch back to control to try and keep possession more and look for overlaps, we manage to create a lot of chances in the final 10mins, we even win a penalty in the 90th minute but unfortunately Howson manages to hit the post! Final score 1-1, not bad and some good performances!

Haven't picked up the full game yet but on the demo I started with Man City. Beat United 4-1 in the CS, two apiece from Tevez and Aguero. Other results haven't gone to plan as finished the demo in 3rd/4th in the Prem and about 10 points off top but have beaten Arsenal 6-1 and Liverpool 5-2.

Playing as Dynamos in the South African 1st division, at home to Thanda Royal Zulu. They went 1-0 up, I equalized, they went 2-1 up and I equalized, they went 3-2 up and I equalized, they went 4-3 up... in the last minute. No time to equalize :(

My first game of the season was a 2-1 win at home to Sunderland. It's made all the better due to the fact I'm Newcastle United :D

Arsene Wenger's first game on FM12 didn't go as well as mine though. Arsenal lost 7-0 at Anfield on the opening day!

knowing arsenal that could well happen

Archived