Preparing Multiple Tactics

I'm in the Tactics>Overview section getting my team set-up a few days before the match. I create the team's default tactic and formation quite fine, placing players where I want them and assigning roles. If I go to create a second tactic/formation (one of the available two backups), the players all get put in incorrect positions. If I fix their positions in tactic two, they get rearranged incorrectly in tactic 1. I assume that this is a known bug, unless there is some checkbox I'm missing that locks people in their places?

Does this have any effect on the team, then, since the players will be listed in incorrect positions in the other tactics? Furthermore, it negates the usefulness of a quick tactic switch mid-match if I have to manually reposition people.

There is an option to set a 'back-up tactic' has the 'starting tactic' if the 'back-up tactic' is not to dissimilar from the 'starting tactic' player moves will be minimal. Unfortunately, you have to move them manually its to do with the position placement for each tactic 'under the hood' of the game.

Its definately not a bug as you need to save your team positions for each formation, it then stores all the positions including set piece positions. This is saved under the drop down menu under selections All you have to do is when you change tactic from say 442 to 433 make sure you load your saved team positions from the selection drop down menu. Therefore each formation will have a saved set postions under formation.

@Lankylars - I found exactly the same problem. I think I found a way of doing it.

If you "+ Add Tactic", then "Use an existing tactic", and then choose your main tactic from Archived tactic, it will duplicate your main tactic as the backup tactic. You can drag players around & change instructions and then save it with a new name. Switching between the 2 tactics should result in the positions being remembered.

NB: I did this on the demo, so hopefully it should work on the main game.

Does this have any effect on the team, then, since the players will be listed in incorrect positions in the other tactics?

No, it doesn't.

Furthermore, it negates the usefulness of a quick tactic switch mid-match if I have to manually reposition people.

There is a workaround for this but it is quite time consuming. Instead of switching players, manually move them to a similar position, then move them to the correct position when that one is vacant. For example, if you have David Villa as STc and Lionel Messi and AML, but want it to be the other way around, then move Messi to STl, then Villa to AML, then Messi to STc. That should stop your primary tactic being messed up :)

Archived