can't you get it right?

I am a long time player of football manager and am extremely annoyed, having bought a copy today steam has crashed twice upon trying to download it and now it keeps saying the game is not currently available. It is not acceptable for this to happen, if you make it impossible not to use steam then you need to make sure no muck ups happen like mine. I admire the way you create the game as you have done something virtually no other game developer has managed, make a game which is addictive to the point of danger, but this is just not good enough.

this is the 1st time I have heard someone say Steam crashed twice and it wont let you download the game after buying it online. Have you updated all the files and drive ? eg - graphics drivers. Done a defrag and checked for viruses/spam etc ... then reboot your computer and try again

I've been using Steam for a couple of years now, and as far as I remember it's never crashed on me. Not even once.

With regard to the game being "currently unavailable" - well that could be down to the Steam servers being under slightly more strain than they are used to maybe. Lots of people trying to access the FM download at the same time? I guess it could easily overload it, and you could be forced to sit and wait until a few of those are finished before yours will start up again.

I guess there's a chance the two issues are related, but I'd go along with Wii and suggest that the crashes are probably more likely a problem on your end, rather than it being a problem with Steam...

there is no problem at my end, no viruses or such and I downloaded the demo a couple of days ago and it was completely fine then, just when i am trying to put the game on it now won't do it. :( It keeps on saying this game is unavailable which i suppose is down to demand. I didn't buy it off steam, i bought a hard copy, sorry i didn't make this clear but it is very early in the morning.

yes I restarted my computer and steam, I am not a computer geek therefore find it difficult to operate this kind of stuff, it stopped at 56% and 74%, now at 71% but keeps saying the game is unavailable keep trying again later. I downloaded the demo a couple of days ago so logically speaking it can't be down to my drivers or anything from my point of view.

Archived