Criticisms of FM12

This isn't mean to be abusive to the developers or anything like that.

The thread is purely to express your concerns about the game so far! Just looking at the forums and it looks as though one collective topic would be better than all of the current threads.

My only criticism at the moment is that the F12 shortcut to the Game Status screen has gone :(

My criticsm is that no matter what tactic I'm using, at the moment I'm conceding at least 2-3 goals a game and scoring barely any in comparison. The AI has all the chances until the end when, just to make me happy, it gives me some. Anyone help.

My criticsm is that no matter what tactic I'm using, at the moment I'm conceding at least 2-3 goals a game and scoring barely any in comparison. The AI has all the chances until the end when, just to make me happy, it gives me some. Anyone help.

Can't be right, all the so called experts are moaning it's too easy:D

Anyway try 4-1-3-2 with the 3 being AML/C/R

Can't be right, all the so called experts are moaning it's too easy:D

Anyway try 4-1-3-2 with the 3 being AML/C/R

I'm currently using a 4-2-3-1 tactic. Without fail, every game the other team has all the chances and I have around 2-3. It's ridiculous.

mine is steam i hate steam and everything they stand for i hate the people who run steam i hate the way steam looks i hate the way steam feels and i hate the way steam pops up when im playing the game if i was a billionare i would buy steam and then shut it down i hate steam

shakhtar for life

Too many injuries, corner glitch, header from defender past opponent's back line after goal kick, match stops playing when not on FM screen, changing players on one tactic moves them on the other trained tactics. The first 3 are the only criticisms I have, the corner glitch infuriates me and the injuries get very annoying, but I love this game. :)

The new UI feels like a step backwards to me. Far to big a departure from previous versions and I feel lost half the time I'm playing and frustrated as nothing seems to be logically where it should be. Will probably get used to it eventually and a great game apart from that, loving the new tones and being able to add new leagues as I go along.

The new UI feels like a step backwards to me. Far to big a departure from previous versions and I feel lost half the time I'm playing and frustrated as nothing seems to be logically where it should be. Will probably get used to it eventually and a great game apart from that, loving the new tones and being able to add new leagues as I go along.

I had a massive problem with this in FM10 and it stopped me ever even playing a full season.... This one is a bit of a pain but I can bare with it.

Bring back spread sheets!!!!!

There is only one thing I dont like and its really nit picky but i dont like how if a player has a international cap, you cant see all his attributes. I guess it is more realistic, but I just want to see them!

Untick the box for attribute masking.

For me a critique of the game is that it seems A LOT of players seem to be impossible to sign - I'm Villa and only players in England are not deemed as unrealistic and thats not a huge selection.

And the usual FM one of 4-4-2 with 2 wingers being called 4-2-4 doesn't seem right to me. Sounds too attacking and I just hope I dont get battered as it is really 4-2-2-2

With regards to Football Manager games I'm able to think of ways the game could be improved even further but there's so little to criticise about anything already there. If there's one thing that annoys me it's the length of time it takes the referee to book someone. I'm clutching at staws there.

In all the hours I've already played the demo and the full game, I can only possibly come up with two criticisms.

1. When conducting a team meeting, instead of simply "addressing the room," since the game tells you which players have something to say you should be able to choose a player to address.

2. On the match results screens (the ones where it shows a list of matches, their scores, and goalscorers), it should really show the times of each goal next to the goalscorer.

Overall, best version ever created. Many hours ahead!

i have an issue with the fact the database isnt up to date regarding national teams. juan agudelo who plays for the us had his first caps for the USMNT in november of last year and scored a goal but that is not reflected in the database. it still shows him with 0 caps and 0 goals. danny williams who --admittedly was just capped-- is listed as only wanting a call from germany. i am sure that if there are issues like this for the US there are plenty for other countries.

Its already mentioned, but I like to press the windows button and do something else when the game is in progress sometimes. Now, when i return it hasnt moved. I know there is a work around for this by runnng the game in windowed mode, but that means you either need to lose the bottom of the screen or move the taskbar to the right hand side - at least that is the case for my widescreen laptop

i have an issue with the fact the database isnt up to date regarding national teams. juan agudelo who plays for the us had his first caps for the USMNT in november of last year and scored a goal but that is not reflected in the database. it still shows him with 0 caps and 0 goals. danny williams who --admittedly was just capped-- is listed as only wanting a call from germany. i am sure that if there are issues like this for the US there are plenty for other countries.

Similarly, I saw Andy Najar get called up to the US, when he isn't eligible for that in real life. Also, Stefan Frei got called up to the US when he's publicly declared his intention to play for Switzerland (he even has the Swiss flag tattooed over his heart).

Archived