Retailers falsey advertising

:thdn:

Ordered from http://www.gamecards.eu/ earlyer today about 7pm, This is a site covered in promises of codes being sent out within 15 mins and 'in game within seconds' all over there site

by half 7 I didnt get anything so got in touch with them via chat support, give them account details/order number etc was told to 'hang on a second while i check this out' this second turned into 20 mins without a response and I was then told my ordered would be sent out at 8:30pm - 8:30 comes and I get an email asking to for a phone number for them to ring to confirm as security measure - by half 9 I had no call so I went back onto the websites live chat support, told them what was going on, was told to 'hold on for a second' 10 mins later the chat support goes offline and they are not responding to emails either

Complete joke of a site, I would advise against anyone ordering from these clowns, and advise SI to take your products off such joke websites.

Website is not a "Retailer"

It is a dodgy website that sell keys. No wonder you got screwed, sort of your own fault. In some cases purchasing keys from websites is illegal too.

And for the sake of $10, why not get it on steam?

'Dodgy site that sells keys'? Isnt that what steam do? Plenty of websites like shopto etc are also selling steam codes, they may well be dodgy but its not because they sell codes

I will be checking whether they're an official supplier or not but I'm not aware of them so your best immediate recourse is through the retailer themselves I'm afraid... sorry.

Cheers, Got a call from them last night to verify ID, did that they said at the time code within 8 hours which I didnt argue with cause I was going sleep anyways, Still nothing today, phoned em got no answer, and the live support is offline

Thank you for contacting us.

We are awfully sorry to inform you that we are unable to complete the delivery of the purchased item on the date indicated.

The problem occurred due to unexpected shipment delay from our suppliers. While we make every attempt to receive a new lot of the cards as soon as possible, this unfortunate incident can occasionally happen.

We have just received notification from our suppliers that a new lot of the cards will arrive on Monday. If that is acceptable for you, we will hold your order for arrival of the new lot, and send the item shortly thereafter.

We can assure you, however, that if your order remains in force, we will expedite delivery to you as soon as we receive the cards.

Pfffft.....

'Dodgy site that sells keys'? Isnt that what steam do? Plenty of websites like shopto etc are also selling steam codes, they may well be dodgy but its not because they sell codes

Steam are an offical seller, they offer the keys and DLC. Some sites just sell the keys, some are dodgy.

I believe in some countries, it is actually illegal to sell just the key. Which countries, I am not sure..

Steam are an offical seller, they offer the keys and DLC. Some sites just sell the keys, some are dodgy.

I believe in some countries, it is actually illegal to sell just the key. Which countries, I am not sure..

Sorry, dont have the time to check who is and isnt a official seller, if Sega are allowing there product to be sold on there, I assumed it would be legit, obviously i was wrong

Every store can run out of stock, no big drama here.

There is nothing wrong with selling keys, it is cheaper than digital distributors and faster than retail stores. The risk it being a scam is no bigger than with any other online store.

I wonder if there is a quality website or browser add on that features reviews of online sellers. I did a quick search and the best I can find is ResellerRatings but it appears, at first glance, to be very American centralised.

It's hardly fair, or helpful, to come on here and blame the OP for his mistake. I'm sure he feels bad about his choice without help from others.

I think the only thing I can add is that it's not always the best idea to go for price alone. If a company has dropped the price significantly, without being well known, then they're probably aware they have to do so to get themselves noticed. I stick with the big retailers such as Amazon, Play or Game, because that way I know I'm safe. They have a big customer base, plenty of positive reviews and can be trusted.

Sometimes your online safety and security is more important than a few quid saved. Though it is easier to say if you have a bit more money free to spend. I know finances are tight for some people.

I hope you get this sorted, OP.

Sorry, dont have the time to check who is and isnt a official seller, if Sega are allowing there product to be sold on there, I assumed it would be legit, obviously i was wrong

But you have the time to play a time intensive game such as FM? Well it's Mugs like You who learn the HARD way and keep these sites in business.

STEAM or BOXED COPY

for what its worth, gamecards did their phone call bit with me, which i found very dubious an idea, especially as different reports have them asking people for different proofs.. they only asked me to confirm my email and postal addresses, so whatever. they explained they've had unexpected demand etc. etc., and should have new keys by monday.

realising i still have a decent game of fm11 to play (salford city fa cup winners 2029!) i figured i can wait awhile. but if i've not heard owt by tuesday, there'll be hell on..

Archived