FM2012 - Cheating that has gone terribly wrong :(

So thought I would be a funny bugger and go into the editor and make my game far easier by adding a 0 to each sponsorhip at the end for Liverpool and increase my bank balance to 990m.

I thought I was great & an easy game was on the way

but shock horror when I started the game and was into it by a month (August) that I soon realised that Liverpools finances was insecure :(

I then checked the sponsorships and I worked out Liverpool will be getting 980 million a season in sponsorships, now due to my cheating ways, I think that the finance will click over and put my beloevered Liverpool into bankruptcy.

So guys, let this be a lesson to you, do not cheat like this. You will suffer from it :(

How will getting 980 million a year put them into bankruptcy ?

well when the finances go over 1 billion (or just over that) the game clocks the bank balance (or it used to up to & including FM11) and then the game thinks you are in - money and thus bankrupt. As it stands, my finances are insecure

0 in the editor ALWAYS equals "I don't know, just put in a number that you think suits the reputation of the club/player/league". If you really wanted to you should put 1. Never zero.

Think you mis-read the post. The OP stated he put a 0 on the end of the figures already there. I.E. £98M to 980M

Yes indeed I did. I thought he wanted to screw them over, not make them wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice.

Move along, nothing to see here.

I don't know where your from, but its ok considering its either late/early morning/after a hard days works we can forgive tardyness at this time of day :p

yes, for each sponsor I put a 0 at the end to allow the sponsor to give my Liverpool 10 times the amount per season eg - 13m each season now = 130m a season. But am glad I thought wrong and it doesnt click over into - amounts

Archived