Do SI acknowledge that going down the Steam route was wrong now?

IMT

I am not interested in the 90% of people who have had no problems (I am one of those BTW), but the 10% (probably more), who have has nothing but issues today, something many people, myself included, warned SI would happen.

Before I get slated (don't care if I do), I have no issue using Steam, would rather not as FM is the only game I play, but 100s do have a problem, my personal feelings are that SI think everyone who plays the game is a whizz on PCs and simply putting "requires internet connection" on the box is simple enough, obviously it wasn't, and that they also think everyone who plays the game is a regular user of this site as I have seen on more than one occasion SI snottily telling someone "well it was clearly described on this forum" to someone who obviously only signed up because they ran into issues today.

Whether these measures will combact piracy time will tell, I doubt as there is already a torrent (whether it works or not is another matter, but there will be a working release I am sure). Like I said elsewhere piracy won't stop until the police get tougher on it, you wouldn't walk into Game a nick a copy, why people think they can do so on the net is beyond me. But what I am intersted in is, early doors, do SI think they have made a mistake going down this road, and are there people who will now not buy FM again if you have to do so this way?

I await the abuse from the fanboys :D

I said in that post I misread the original post and apologised, it wasn't meant to be snotty.

But no, we don't think it was going down the wrong route, it's a terrific platform and we'll assess the pros and cons over a period of time, not just the one day. And we definitely don't think that everybody is a whizz on PCs, not even everybody who works at SI is a whizz on them. :)

Archived