This can't be right...?!?

Is this right? Every time I want to play FM12 I have to be connected to the Internet? I've moved house and haven't got around to setting up Internet here- I'm posting this off my phone- so I bought the game this afternoon and used works network to set the game up. I've gone to play it now and it won't start- seemingly because I can't connect to steam.

Is this right? Every time I want to play FM12 I have to be connected to the Internet? I've moved house and haven't got around to setting up Internet here- I'm posting this off my phone- so I bought the game this afternoon and used works network to set the game up. I've gone to play it now and it won't start- seemingly because I can't connect to steam.

You only need to be connected for the first time so you can activate the game. Then you can switch Steam to be in offline mode. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184713&viewfull=1#post7184713

Can you connect through offline mode? When Steam loads, there should be an option for that.

My personal experience is that offline mode is a buggy as hell though. I went through semesters at uni where I just couldn't get the damn mode to work. I'm sure my grades went up as a result!

Archived