Installing Microsoft Direct x - 1 hour later. Why is it never straightforward

I really miss the days of popping in the CD and playing the game almost immediately after purchase.

After getting the game installed and activated really quickly, i thought this year would be different. Now however the Installing Microsoft Direct x step 1 of 1 is still sitting after an hour.

My computer is more than capable, so no idea why this is as stopped it and tried again. Why is getting a game of FM always so hard now. 10.05 i commenced the process, still nowhere near getting a game

Come on SI, combat piracy we understand and support, but not to the extent where is quite clearly hinders purchasers.

One does wonder if customer satisfaction is even a perfromance matrix at SI

It certainly shouldn't take that long to install those files, do you ever clean your system using tools such as CCleaner? It might be worth giving the freeware version of that a go, in case you have some temporary files clogged up and interfering with the install process for those files, though you'll want to read up on CCleaner and what it does, in case you clean files you don't want to clean (such as internet browsing history, etc).

Archived