Problem with Play sc.com

Anyone else not get their activation key from play-sc.com?

I bought the game yesterday from them & nothing...

Ive mailed them & they said they are not getting the keys until tomorrow? Why would this be?

Disapointed & annoyed... Away for the weekend now so I wont be able to play now until late Sunday night. Grrr...

Sega- Matt said all the keys went out to distributors yesterday so it's sounds like they're just giving you the runaround or have a lousy system.

Standard procedure is to email Sega Customer Support (which you should do anyway so they can kick severe butt) but on a Friday night I'm not sure which will respond first.

Thanks Kriss. Ill mail Sega Customer Support now. I mailed them (play sc) earlier as well & they did reply quite quickly to apologise & offered to refund but seeing as I wont be able to play the game until Sunday night now regardless Ill give them until tomorrow.

Still annoyed though!

I was still wondering if anyone else had this problem with them. I do remember 1 guy on last night saying he purchased from them but I cant remember his name.

Mailed Sega Customer Support. Ill let you know what they say.

They just copy keys from boxed version. If they run out of copies they can not provide any new keys. The site looks a bit dogdy. ;)

Great.... They offered to refund so if I dont get the key tomorrow I will get a refund. I can check my emails throughout the day.

Typical, I thought I was getting a bargin & its also the 1st time I have not bought the boxed version. also the 1st time since at least 99/00 that im not playing on release day or before... :(

I have asked for a refund. They have a facebook account & no one has recieved any keys. Lots of angry people!! Appears very dodgy. I was so happy to see the game so cheap I bought there & then when I should have looked around to see if it was legit.

Of to buy in FMscout. I hope they are ok? they say they are a verified FM seller. Is this true?

Similar thing with another site here, SI/Sega obviously aint that bothered or they'd send out the codes themselves, but chances are they have already had there money from selling to the retailed so who cares

They just order boxed copies and sell the key only on the internet. That way they could order it on their cheaper home-market and sell it where it costs a lot more. It's not illegal, I think, and if you read the infos on their website you would know how it works and what the risks are (that they will not order enough boxed-copies or that the get it to lalte.)

Yeah from what I've heard so far they may be a bit shifty so if you can get a refund it may be worth doing so and sticking to a well-know reputable seller.

Ill know better for FM13! I was on their Facebook site & no one has recieved any codes! Disgrace. They say it will be Wed 26th now!! i doubt anyone will ever get it!

Archived