Getting sick of this please help

Ive downloaded steam about 4 or 5 times now and i keep getting the same error message "steam needs to be set to online, please check network and try again" now obviously my network is fine considering I've just download it. Im running mac os x 10.7.2. What ever happened to the old and easier way of installing a game

straight out the box, cause this is terrible.

Thanks

I found this article that may be useful. I'm not saying do it, that's up to you. It's just what I found searching for the problem you listed. I accept no responsibility should something go awful, it's just what is readily available on the internet and anyone can find it through Google. I put your error message into Google and this page was the first or second reply.

http://excid3.com/blog/osx-error-steam-needs-to-be-online-to-update/

Personally I would contact Steam before you do anything. You get more prompt help on the forums I suspect, and it might even be useful.

I do believe Steam for Macs is a much newer service and more prone to problems. At least ask on the Steam forums, but don't dismiss the service immediately. Steam really is a useful tool for gamers. I couldn't live without it.

Steam forums

Good luck with getting your problem sorted...but get a PC...just kidding :lol:

Archived