Network game problems

Hi folks,

in need of advice from the guru's of the forum. trying desperately to set up a network game but my friends just cannot join my game. I have everything selected as you would expect. I have ticked the run as server button. I have disabled my anti virus software temporarily. Yet everytime we try the ip's eventually it gives me the unable to connect button.

We have been trying for a while now and I am rapidly losing my remaining strands of hair. HELP!

Cheers

Download a program called Hamachi. Type Hamachi into google and go to the top site and download the program. You and whoever your playing with will all need to download hamachi and when you's have downloaded it one of yous make a server and give the ip to the rest of the players and then load up fm and create a network game and you's should connect.

Download a program called Hamachi. Type Hamachi into google and go to the top site and download the program. You and whoever your playing with will all need to download hamachi and when you's have downloaded it one of yous make a server and give the ip to the rest of the players and then load up fm and create a network game and you's should connect.

That will work but it's really just avoiding the problem and cluttering your PC up with useless(and badly programmed) programs. Simply trace your cable back to your router, see the company that made it and the make, go to www.portforward.com and find it there. After that it's simply following the instructions to unblock the ports.(You can find them in the network game FAQ thread, alternatively, just unblock 1-65535 and never have to bother with the ports again). Quite simple really.

Some people will say yes. I'd say as long as you don't browse any dodgy websites, you'll be perfectly fine. The firewall and your antivirus software can take care of you if you manage to slip up regardless. It doesn't massively increase the risks, but yes, it does by a small margin.

Archived