No real issues with Steam but...

I had a bit of problem with steam on my Dec 2010 iMac 27".

I had to re-install steam because it wouldn't respond.

Did so and it took several attempts to log me in.

Purchased fm12 around 1am UK time and had to do it several times.

I can understand that this popular franchise could have caused a strain on Steam's server but to take 12 hours downloading is not too much of a big deal.

To separately downoad the editor is no issue at all.. But i really do miss those days when you can buy the game on a CD/DVD (since CM2! oh how i missed that box!), install it and play.. I don't mind waiting for patches, download it and you know, just play without Steam.

Steam takes up 11% of my usable RAM and on my 8 GB RAM, on my less than a year old machine.. it's probably causing fm12 to run slower than optimum. I have to purge the free memory to speed things up.. Granted, I have Chrome running as well.. but nothing else.

Aww man.. I really miss those days where you buy a disc, slot it in and play.

I guess.. Steam is good in a while that I no longer have to download patches but.. It is kinda inconvenient to have another program running. To play fm12 = 2 programs running. Not very efficient since most of us do other stuff besides running FM..

Well. The game is enjoyable at the moment. Just wanna air my thoughts after all these years with cm2,cm3,fm07-12..

Shocking eh? equally shocked when I was looking at my Activity Monitor. Guess you're right. Am on quad-core anyway. 10% ought to be nothing.. But when I run Adobe Photoshop together with editing my RAWs in Canon's Digital Professional Photo.. I could do without Steam.

there is an issue with steam macs version that is using too much cpu on idle , you need to wait for a fix

Oh really? There is an issue?? amazing.. for now, I just keep purging (Free App from App store - its called FreeMemory) or you could open up terminal and type 'purge'. They both do the same thing. The former if you aren't inclined to install more rubbish onto your mac.. The latter.. A 2-step kinda job..

Archived