Warning: Did not find font resource: fonts/helveticaneueots

Unable to start the game because this appears in a dialogue box every time. On Mac.

Any fix for this? Close to just going back to Gamestation to get my money back and then letting them give SI a load of bother.

Also, was implementing steam so intrusively really worth it to stop piracy but **** so many genuine players off in the process? It really is abysmal.

Had the same problem with the demo (mac): you need to

4. Remove from Preferences following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to yourhome (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Preferences

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2011,

- Delete all contents in this folder.

5. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to yourhome (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2011,

- Delete all contents in this folder.

& (if problem recurs) try disabling skin cache in the settings, as Stockholm Scab suggested to me.

Did you move any of the FM11 Skins to your new Game?

That will come up with that error if you did.

Never installed 2011 on this Mac.

Needlenose is correct.

Fix here

;)

Had the same problem with the demo (mac): you need to delete cache files & (if problem recurs) try disabling skin cache in the settings, as Stockholm Scab suggested to me.

Neither of them work as FM2012 doesnt create a folder in either of those locations when installing through steam.

Hmm.. I installed through steam and I got those two folders, can you re-install from Steam?

I've reinstalled 5 times now. 4 times by disc via steam then downloaded it from steam itself and installed, still nothing. All I have is the sports interactive folder in my documents.

So i can be of help, do you mind taking a screenshot of your caches folder like this example:

http://cl.ly/0f363j1O3L2t0E0q0h1h/Screen_Shot_2011-10-21_at_7.19.03_PM.png

To enable the path view on the finder, go to "VIEW" menu on the menubar and "Enable path bar".

Then go to the given path and take a screenshot so we check if your file structure is correct. (to take a screenshot press cmd+shift+3 (or 4 to make a selection).

- E

So i can be of help, do you mind taking a screenshot of your caches folder like this example:

http://cl.ly/0f363j1O3L2t0E0q0h1h/Screen_Shot_2011-10-21_at_7.19.03_PM.png

To enable the path view on the finder, go to "VIEW" menu on the menubar and "Enable path bar".

Then go to the given path and take a screenshot so we check if your file structure is correct. (to take a screenshot press cmd+shift+3 (or 4 to make a selection).

- E

screenshot20111021at192.png

With it being an SSD + HDD iMac, my home folder is on the mechanical drive for space saving purposes, but everything is configured correctly, so I still have no idea why I'm not receiving the folders in the correct locations.

I found this in the bugs forum which seems to relate

"This has happened in the last 2 versions of the game if I remember correctly. I am a bit surprised that it is still causing a problem. It relates to the "skin cache" file called fm2012.skc.

You can delete the preferences and cache from the library folder, Steam does write to these foldesr. However they are hidden if you are using OSX Lion - you have to make it show by opening the terminal and typing the following

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

This will allow you to see your library and delete the caches. However the simple way around is to disable the "use skin cache" tick box in the preferences panel - this has completely resolved my problem. "

Found the problem.

You're going directly from your MAC HDD to the Library, it's wrong.

Go to the Users folder first, two folders below Library as seen on the screenshot.

There is no Library folder in my users folder, thats what I'm saying. My home folder, therefore my users folder, is on my HDD, not the SSD. Everything system related is on the SSD.

I found this in the bugs forum which seems to relate

"This has happened in the last 2 versions of the game if I remember correctly. I am a bit surprised that it is still causing a problem. It relates to the "skin cache" file called fm2012.skc.

You can delete the preferences and cache from the library folder, Steam does write to these foldesr. However they are hidden if you are using OSX Lion - you have to make it show by opening the terminal and typing the following

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

This will allow you to see your library and delete the caches. However the simple way around is to disable the "use skin cache" tick box in the preferences panel - this has completely resolved my problem. "

Thank you! So it was Lion that was causing me not to see the folder, it really does puzzle me why they did that...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived