Estimated time: Over 1 year remaining to install FM 2012.. PLEASE HELP!

Can anyone help. I am installing from disc and have setup my steam account. Steam is now installing but it is telling me it will take over a year to install? :confused:

Can someone help here as I have been looking forward to this all week and just got home from work ripped open the packaging and now this :mad: Please help me I am desperate! :(

vzx3z7.jpg

do u have ridiculously slow broadband speed? think thats my issue but surely shouldn't be that much of an issue as installing from disc??

I thought it installed off the disc? What's it downloading? I got steam and created an account. Surely getting a disc means no need to download the game?

I thought it installed off the disc? What's it downloading? I got steam and created an account. Surely getting a disc means no need to download the game?
I seem to recall reading a response from one of the SI guys in another thread saying that only part of the game is on the disk and thats why you have to use steam this year. You also have to download the editor seperately as well I believe. They've done this in an effort to combat piracy and stop shops from selling the game early.

I seem to recall reading a response from one of the SI guys in another thread saying that only part of the game is on the disk and thats why you have to use steam this year. You also have to download the editor seperately as well I believe. They've done this in an effort to combat piracy and stop shops from selling the game early.

That sucks, my computer is really slow and I usually load it from disc every time to avoid downloading too much. Guess I will give this a miss or buy a bigger computer :-(

Archived