International u19 management.

I decided to start off as an u19 manager with Northern Ireland while I play through the first season before taking a Conference North/South job and have noticed a few issues. I had to pick a squad for two international matches, one at the end of August, the other the beginning of September. I played the first and as I was about to pick the team for the second I noticed 6 players were suddenly ineligible. They are all 19 and I know a lot of youth age restrictions are based around September 1st so I assume they became ineligible between the two matches, I'm not complaining about that, it's the fact there was no warning or real way of knowing it would happen. There really should have been a message warning me of the future ineligibilities while I was picking the squad. If there was it certainly wasn't obvious.

The other issue is Northern Ireland specific, the two matches were played at Windsor Park which wouldn't happen, and they had attendances of 5500, which certainly wouldn't happen (I doubt the full squad would get that many for friendlies against Malta and Belarus...). I also played an away friendly in Germany which had an attendance of 13500, which seemed excessive but I assumed there was a bigger interest in the national youth sides in Germany. So I wonder is there a wider issue with youth international attendances?

I know not many people will play this level of the game, but wanted to post the issues anyway.

You sound surprised? I'd been waiting years to get tickets to that Northern Ireland U19 vs Moldova U19 Euro Championship Qualifier. Who wouldn't wanna go? Me and my mates were gutted that we didn't get in. I think one of them is still crying.

*cough*

You sound surprised? I'd been waiting years to get tickets to that Northern Ireland U19 vs Moldova U19 Euro Championship Qualifier. Who wouldn't wanna go? Me and my mates were gutted that we didn't get in. I think one of them is still crying.

*cough*

Is that why you've been on the boat all this time. ;)

Archived