steam!!!

hi was wonderin if anyone can help i havent got internet on my pc in my room but have it on parents pc downstairs i was jus wonderin if i could activate my game code on the pc downstairs and then be able to install the game on my pc in my room ive got steam on there but got it set as offline mode cause i use to play fm 11 or will i need to get internet to install the game aswell thanks in advance for any replies

Not completely sure, after installing you could perhaps copy the whole steam folder from your parents PC to your own and then log in to steam from that; (remember to use to exe file in the copied Steam directory) it should be activated in Steam on your parents so should just work on your own PC.

That's what I do when I get a new PC.

Either that or unhook it, bring it downstairs and connect it up to the internet momentarily.

yeah but when i put game in on my pc and go into steam because its in offline mode it says unable to install game while in offline mode so was wonderin wether it would still say that if i actiavate on a other pc or will it reconanise that it already installed? i dont wanna install the gameon pc downstairs if i still cant install it on my one upstairs would be a waste of time

easiest way is to hook your laptop up to internet to install, just plug ethernet into it or connect wirelessly, then install the game and disconnect from internet and set steam to offline mode. Then you can always play on the laptop and not need the internet. Is that an optionfor you?

you can login on your account anywhere , its not possible to be on at the same time has the other pc

I installed it on my desktop fine through steam and was able to play. I installed it on my laptop fine (as Ive done every other FM game to date and had no problems) but I can't run it, it says to BUY THE GAME. Very poor showing if you are trying to get another $40 out of me to run the game on a 2nd computer through steam.

*EDIT, I'm not trying to run 2 copies at once, my desktop is off and I'm away from home on my laptop, I'm only logged into steam from 1 location.

na cause its my pc and dont fancy unpluggin it to take downstairs to the install internet then install the game so was wonderin if would just work by installin the game downstairs puttin the code in then installin it upstairs but not sure weather i need to be on the internet to actually install the game or weather it'll do it in offline mode cause i would have done it downstairs if you understanf that

I installed it on my desktop fine through steam and was able to play. I installed it on my laptop fine (as Ive done every other FM game to date and had no problems) but I can't run it, it says to BUY THE GAME. Very poor showing if you are trying to get another $40 out of me to run the game on a 2nd computer through steam.

*EDIT, I'm not trying to run 2 copies at once, my desktop is off and I'm away from home on my laptop, I'm only logged into steam from 1 location.

Are you sure you are in the proper Steam account...I have been using Steam for years and never had a problem going into my account and playing all my games from different systems,also when you are logged into your Steam account you may have to download the game through steam.

aussie i now i need internet to verify game thats wy i was seein if i could verify on a diffrent pc then try and install it on mine cause my account will have it verified but i also need to be on the net to stall the game because steam dont let you install in offline mode

Archived