FM 2012 Horribly Slow!!

Hey All.

FM 10, 11 have all ran fine on my usual database size.

Selected the same database sixe in FM12, and omg, it is taken 1/2 an hour to generate a 1 week holiday, WTF!!

Started a new game with no team, so I go on Holiday and apply for top divisoin teams only and return from holiday when I get an offer.

It has literally been 1/2 an hour and I am still in mid January!!

10 and 11 was way way way quicker than this!!

WTF

You need to buy yourself a better computer then, mate, because the one your grandfather have been using since 1987 is not going to be powerful enough to run this game. With that said, the game uses the same minimum specs as FM11 so there is definitely something wrong with your PC, not the game itself.

Go to "My Computer" right click

Select Manage

Go to Device Manager

Expand the

>Computer

Right Click the processor and choose "Update Driver"

Expand>

Display Adapter

>Right Click each one available and choose "Update Driver"

Expand>

Processors

>Same again right click update drivers

If anything new is downloaded and installed, reboot.

PC is plenty for this game.

2011 runs like a dream in comparison, I went back to 2011 to test, 15 years in a save, and it runs rings around 2012 and I just started 2012.

OMG, WTF!! Did I get them all? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drivers are up to date.

PC is plenty for this game.

2011 runs like a dream in comparison, I went back to 2011 to test, 15 years in a save, and it runs rings around 2012 and I just started 2012.

OMG, WTF!! Did I get them all? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drivers are up to date.

I'd have liked to have seen a fm11>>>>>>>>fm12 too :D

i'm with a database of 255.000 players, and first and second division from Portugal, England, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, holland, Argentina and Brazil.

I used to use the same "setup" in Fm2011, and so far i think FM2012 runs a little faster!

Go to "My Computer" right click

Select Manage

Go to Device Manager

Expand the

>Computer

Right Click the processor and choose "Update Driver"

Expand>

Display Adapter

>Right Click each one available and choose "Update Driver"

Expand>

Processors

>Same again right click update drivers

If anything new is downloaded and installed, reboot.

Sorry but... lol.

• Administrators

Yeah that's a very large number of players, it's no surprise it's running relatively slow. You can speed it up slightly in the preferences by setting the processing speed to 'Fastest' and also don't add too many players to your shortlist as that could slow it down as well.

I have a 'high end' custom built pc and I am interested in this question from a gameplay perspective.

I plan to only manage in England but would like France, Spain, Italy available too. I want lots of players for a League 2 side so I have picked most of Europe, Argentina and Brazil.

Do I want leagues like Croation playable or view only?

Running 39 leagues from 19 countries with about 78,000 players. A little peppier than FM10 (didn't really play 11), but then again I'm only in the first season instead of being deep into a save. Computer is Win 7 with Core2 Duo 2.14Ghz and 2Gb RAM. Certainly not a new PC.

My only guess would be, with that setup, that there is something wrong with the setup of your dual graphics cards.

Does the Nvidia panel give you an option to use only one graphics card for an application? or maybe you can try temporarily disabling SLI, then going into device manager and disabling one of the graphics adapters.

It could well be an issue with the game not being designed to handle SLI / Crossfire rather than anything being wrong with your setup.

EDIT:

Someone with another Nvidia card (although an old one) posted that they find the game slow while I was making my post. Do both of you have up to date graphics drivers?

If so, it might be worth rolling them back to a previous version to see if it works better.

My only guess would be, with that setup, that there is something wrong with the setup of your dual graphics cards.

Does the Nvidia panel give you an option to use only one graphics card for an application? or maybe you can try temporarily disabling SLI, then going into device manager and disabling one of the graphics adapters.

It could well be an issue with the game not being designed to handle SLI / Crossfire rather than anything being wrong with your setup.

EDIT:

Someone with another Nvidia card (although an old one) posted that they find the game slow while I was making my post. Do both of you have up to date graphics drivers?

If so, it might be worth rolling them back to a previous version to see if it works better.

Has this changed from FM11? Because that is still fine regardless..

How would GFX effect loading speed?

I have around 50,000 players. Thats fine

280K seems too many and I suspect many of these are lower league players, not sure if thats a good thing for you depending on what team / league you are managing

I'm finding this too, on Mac OSX Lion, 2008 Macbook (2ghz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM).

FM 2011 played absolutely fine, running all of England, Spain, Italy & Scottish leagues, large database. FM2012 - cannot run just England (down to League 2 level) at any great speed. Tactics screen took 15 minutes to load, matches take an age to start and match speed is very slow - having the match speed bar to the maximum is the equivalent of having FM2011 match speed bar at below half way. I've never bothered with 3D/2D matches so couldn't comment on these aspects.

Not best pleased :( back to FM2011 for me for now.

I thought they made this version with Rocket Fuel. It's very fast. Loving the ability to add and remove leagues mid game.

+1 I agree 100%. For me, this is one of the best new features of FM2012. In the past few years I have had to scale down my playable leagues in order to have decent/good performance with a large player pool available to me., but that always meant I couldn't change countries. This feature has solved that issue for me. Love it!

AMD have drivers for their CPUs. At least, they used to when I used them :p

They weren't really drivers for the processor. There was the cool n quiet stuff and a couple of other tools. Processor support is done solely through the BIOS unlike other hardware.

You're not going to get a smooth performance with nearly the full database, full stop. Unless you run a server box with 12 i7 980's. Just pick a realistic target(100,000 will be fine) and you'll get reasonable speeds.

I have only 30,000 players in Database and have English Premier League, Italy/Spain/France/Holland/Scotland/Australia/Argentina/Brazil & Germany Premier Leagues on Large Database and it is running at a good speed. But I do have Australia/Scotland/Brazil & Argentina on View-Only

And I only have 4gb Ram 3.00ghz Processor

I haven't found it to be slow at all. Have you got lots of other programmes running in the background?

Sigh, I wish people would read.. NO

I can quit FM12, go back to FM11, same database size, load it up 10 seasons in, and it be fine.

Quit FM11, go back to FM12, and back to a crawl it goes.

I think I have solved this - in Preferences > Display & Sound, I had already disabled the 3D Cameras (never been interested in this, I'm old skool), but now I have also unticked all the other elements in that section 'show player names' 'show stadiums' etc.

Tactics screen loads instantly now, no CPU hanging, fingers crossed the next match will be a breeze too :) I have a feeling I'm on to something here

I also have a similar issue, the actual game runs fine, but when I click to look at a player or a club it takes a while. Interestingly it was fine when I first started it up and only began when I added loads of players to my shortlist. Took them off but no idfference.

I will try a new game without adding to my list!

G

Archived