Installed via Disc - Working - Question of Patch/update

Okay, i've installed the game via disc, i've registered and it;s all working, which is great, however how do i know if the first patch/update has downloaded and working?

I had a few problems at first, steam crashed, fm crashed. Turned off pc and it's working, but i need to know if i'm fully up to date.

Thanks.

Does the patch work for the demo saves aswell because i am carrying on my demo save on full game and it says 12.0.2?

Patches are virtually always save game compatible, SI said demo save could be carried over to the main game and they haven't said anything different since release so it should be fine. Generally only database changes aren't save game compatible, though as shrewsbury said certain changes only take effect with a new season.

One other thing, what is the different between playing in online or offline mode through Steam, and do i need the disc in all the time?

Offline mode means you won't have patches downloaded automatically, but you don't need a constant internet connection. You don't need the disk in at all as far as I'm aware, I have a digital copy so not 100%.

Archived